This article explains how to claim travel or activity based transport against a service when that service has already been claimed.
If a service has already been claimed but the travel or activity based transport associated with that service was missed, it can be captured on a separate service delivered (SD) record. You'll still need to indicate a service item so that the system can use that item's rate to calculate the travel or transport cost.
As per NDIA rules, travel claims are restricted to:
- 30 minutes in metro areas, and
- 60 minutes in regional areas.
The NDIA has not set limits for remote and very remote areas.
To capture travel or activity based transport on a separate record:
- Go to the Service Delivery Entry tab or click on the App Launcher and search for service delivery entry.
- Scroll down to the Services Delivered section and click on the Add Service Delivered button.
- The Worker field is optional.
- Click in the Client Name field and search for your client.
- Continue to fill out the details of the activity, including the Support Category, Service, Site, Service Agreement Item and the Rate of the service that was delivered.
- Leave the Claim Type field empty.
- Enter 0 in the Quantity/Amount field.
You must enter 0 into the Quantity/Amount field if the service has already been claimed.
- Fill out the travel and/or transport details that were missed when the service was originally claimed.
- If the client has approved the service, put a tick in the Client Accepted checkbox. Leave this unchecked if the client still needs to confirm details of the service.
- Click on the Save button.