This article explains how to add a service line item to a service agreement, use the funding schedule section to calculate the number of sessions, and override the funding schedule using the quantity field.
If you ticked the Restrict delivery to Service Line Item checkbox when you added a category, you'll need to add service line items to be able to claim services.
Before you add a service line item, you'll need to:
- create a service agreement
- add a category to your service agreement.
Use these links to find out how to:
- add the service and rate
- schedule or calculate funding
- fill out the finance fields and select a funding management source
- add a service booking.
Add the service item and rate
To add a service line item to the relevant category in your service agreement:
- Click on the drop-down arrow at the end of the category's row and select New Item.
- If required, select the Type. The default setting is Flexible, which allows you to roll funds over if the agreement is cancelled or there are funds remaining at the end of the agreement. Changing this option to Fixed will prevent funds from being rolled over.
- Click in the Site field and select a site. If the site you need isn't available, a system administrator may need to create the site.
- Click in the Service field and select from the list of services available in this category. Depending on the service item, other fields may become available.
- Select the rate for the service from the Rate drop-down list.
- If the service is going to be delivered in a group setting, then select the ratio that the service will be delivered at from the Delivery Ratio drop-down menu. This will automatically be set to 1:1 and doesn't need to be changed if the service won't be delivered to a group. You may need to add multiple instances of the same line item, with different delivery ratios to account for all possible group settings that a participant may be in.
Note: the Delivery Ratio field won't appear for services that can't be delivered to a group. This includes group support items that already have a delivery ratio included in the service.
Schedule or calculate funding
The Funding Schedule section can be used to set up the automatic creation of service delivered (SD) records. For services you'll claim against regular sessions, it can also be used to calculate the total cost. If not, you can skip this section and enter the quantity directly in the Quantity field.
- By default, the Schedule Start Date and Schedule End Date will match the dates of the service agreement. If you need to change these dates to start later and end sooner, make sure that your new dates are within the start and end date of the service agreement.
- You can also add session start and end times. These are not used to calculate funding, but will be used if you choose to generate service delivery entries automatically.
- The Repeat every fields can be used to indicate the frequency of the service sessions. The examples in the table show how different settings affect the number of sessions based on the dates in the Funding Schedule screenshot. The Week option also allows you to indicate on which day the session will occur.
|Frequency||Number of repeats||Total sessions||Screenshot example|
|Every 2nd day||2||184|
In the examples, the system includes the first and last day of the funding schedule. As 2020 is a leap year, this works out to 367 days. It also includes the first and last month, which therefore counts November twice for a total of 13 months.
Funding schedule week starts on Sunday
When setting up a recurring schedule, it's important to factor in that each week starts on Sunday and ends on Saturday, as this may impact how your services are scheduled. For example, when scheduling services every 2 weeks, if Saturday and Sunday are selected, then these days will not be consecutive, but will be on opposite weekends, as shown in the example below. If you would like to schedule services to occur on a Saturday and Sunday of the same weekend, we recommend setting up two separate funding schedules, each with one of the days. This can be done by creating two of the same line item within a single service agreement.
- The Quantity per Session field allows you to set how many units to charge for each session. For example, if the unit of measure for the rate is hour, entering 2 will calculate 2 hours for each session.
- The Excluded Quantity field allows you to indicate the number of sessions the client is likely to miss. For example, sessions may be skipped on public holidays, or if the client has a planned hospital stay or holiday. The number of units is based on the unit of measure for the rate.
In the following examples, a client has planned a 2 week holiday. However, due to the different units of measure and quantities per session, the Excluded Quantity is different.
|Service||Assistance with self-care|
|Unit of measure||Hourly|
|Frequency||1 per week|
|Quantity per Session||2 hours|
|Excluded Quantity||4 (2 hours per week x 2 weeks)|
|Service||Assistance with decision making|
|Unit of measure||Weekly|
|Frequency||1 per week|
|Quantity per Session||1|
|Excluded Quantity||2 (1 per week x 2 weeks)|
- Placing a tick in the Schedule Service Delivery Items checkbox will activate the automatic creation of service delivery records. This is usually used for accommodation services, where there is a regular claim that is not part of a worker interaction.
Finance fields and funding management
- The values you enter in the Funding Schedule section will be automatically calculated in the Quantity and Total fields.
If you enter values into these fields manually, they will override the Funding Schedule calculations.
- You can use the Item Overclaim drop-down list to indicate how the system should handle overclaims for this service. The settings behave the same as at service agreement level and category level.
- The Funding Management field can be used to set the funding source at the service item level. This allows you to override the funding source of the service agreement. For example, in an NDIS agreement, you can use this field to change the funding source to the participant at the service item level.
If you can't see the Funding Management field, it may need to be enabled by your system administrator.
- If the service is related to an NDIA service booking, you can add the booking number to the Service Booking field. If you haven't already, you can also create the service booking by clicking in the Service Booking field and selecting the + Add New Service Booking option.
- Click on the Save button to add the service line item to your service agreement.
If you're setting up a block service agreement, you can add funded clients.