This article explains how to make an intake record out of an enquiry so that you can add more information.
An intake is a type of record that can be used for clients who need further assessment before they become full clients. It allows you to attach associations, list health conditions and track things like:
- assessments, and
- service requests.
If you've previously converted a particular enquiry into an intake or client, repeating this step will not create or change any records. You'll need to find the intake or client record under Contacts to make changes.
Some organisations skip the intake stage and go straight to a full client record. However, intake can help separate prospective clients who require further assessment before they're made into clients.
To create an intake record from an enquiry:
- Click on the Enquiries tab. If you can't see this tab, you may need to check under the More drop-down list or click on the App Launcher nine ball grid and search for enquiries.
- Locate your enquiry and click on the Enquiry ID text link of the client. If you're not sure how, find out more about finding and editing an enquiry.
- This will open the enquiry record. Click on the Edit button.
- This will open an Edit Enquiry form. Some settings on the enquiry may automatically create an intake or client record if this functionality has been enabled. If the Client field is populated with the client's name, you can click on the text link to navigate to the client or intake record.
- If the Client field is blank, scroll down to the Client Details section. Make sure you've filled in the client's first name and last name. The Client's Last Name field is required to convert an enquiry into an intake record.
- Scroll down to the Outcome Details section.
- Click on the Enquiry Outcome drop-down list.
- Select Converted to Intake.
- Click on the Save button.
- This will create the client as an intake record. You can navigate to the intake record by scrolling to the General Enquiry section of the enquiry and clicking on the client's name in the Client field.
An intake record has fewer options than a client contact record. If you need to add services to a client and can't see the required options, you may need to convert the intake into a client.