This article explains the options that providers have to update their data to accommodate upcoming changes to community support group ratio service rates, as well as future Lumary CM releases.
The NDIA recently announced that it would continue to support community support group ratio rates until 30 June 2022. However, we still advise all customers who use these services to update their data prior to further releases, in particular Lumary 17 scheduled for 31 August 2021. Your organisation may continue to use the current group support rates until they are discontinued by the NDIA in 2022, however, future functionality for SIL services will be designed to work with the new group support line items, so not updating your data may have an adverse effect on your environment.
Lumary will continue to monitor any changes regarding group support services from the NDIA and will communicate what these changes mean for you as quickly as possible.
Click to see how to subscribe to update alerts on this page
If you would like to receive email alerts whenever updates are made to this article:
- Log in to the Lumary Help Centre
- Return to the Lumary 16.5 release section of the Lumary Help Centre.
- Click on the Follow button.
- Select New articles from the drop-down list.
- A message will appear confirming that you are now following this section. You can cancel these notifications at any time by clicking on Unfollow.
Currently, users can only follow entire sections on Lumary's Help Centre, rather than individual articles. This means that you'll receive email notifications whenever a new article is published in this section, or an article is republished, as in the case of this Live Article. Every time that changes are made to Live Articles, such as this one, we will republish them to ensure that you are notified of any updates!
We strongly recommend that all organisations that provide group support activities make these changes. Read our recommendations below to understand how and when you should update your environment's data.
The way that we recommend that you proceed with updating the data in your environment is dependant on whether you:
- have already started updating your data as per our original instructions, or
- haven't yet started updating your data.
If you have already started updating your data
If you've already started updating your data as per our original instructions, there are two ways to proceed:
- Continue updating your data as we advised in our original instructions and make all changes before the release of Lumary 16.5.
- Alternatively, wait until after the release of Lumary 16.5 to continue updating your data. If you choose to wait, it is essential that where you’ve already made changes to service agreement line items, you also change any corresponding scheduled sessions or Skedulo jobs. When services are delivered for sessions or jobs, they must match the service items in the service agreement that is current at that time to generate service delivered (SD) records.
This applies to all Sessions and Skedulo users who have:
- service agreements with support category funding that is restricted to specific line items, and
- services with these line items scheduled to occur after the release of Lumary 16.5.
If your service agreements are not restricted to specific line items, then no change is required. However, we advise that you use the new line items after the release of Lumary 16.5.
Making changes to a participant's service agreement, without making the required corresponding changes to scheduled services, will prevent the creation of service delivered records needed to claim funds. Where services are delivered through the Sessions Calendar or Skedulo Console and the category funding on the participant’s service agreement is restricted to specific line items, the services must match service items in the service agreement that is active for that participant at the time the service is delivered.
If you haven't started updating your data
If you haven't started updating your data, we recommend that you wait until after the release of Lumary 16.5 before you begin. The Lumary 16.5 release will add some functionality that will make updating your data easier and less time-consuming. We still recommend updating your data prior to the next planned release on 31 August 2021.
An overview of instructions on how to update your data after the Lumary 16.5 release can be found here.