This article explains how to create a journal entry for a home care package (HCP) funded client.
The functionality described in this article requires the activation of home care package (HCP) features in your production environment.
Most changes to an HCP client's journal will be performed by automated processes. However, there may be times when you want to make manual entries for things like reversals or adjustments.
To make a manual HCP journal entry:
- Navigate to the client's contact record.
- Click on the Contracts tab. You may need to click on the More drop-down list to find the Contracts tab.
- Scroll down to the Journals section.
- Click on the journal name text link.
- This will open a screen that shows the current balances in the top section and a list view of journal entries below. To make a new entry, click on the New button at the top of the journal list view.
- This will open a new journal entry form. The Journal field will automatically be filled in with your journal's name. The next two fields are also mandatory and must be completed before you'll be able to save your entry.
Mandatory fields are marked with a red * asterisk and must be populated before you'll be able to save your journal entry.
- Click in the Date field and select the date on which you need to make your entry.
- Click on the Account drop-down list.
- Select whether the transaction relates to a client or commonwealth contribution.
- Add the amount of the entry into the Debit field to decrease the journal balance or the Credit field to increase the journal balance.
- Add a description of the transaction in the Particulars text field.
- Click on the Save button.
- Your entry will be added to the journal and the balances will be adjusted to reflect your new entry.