This article provides an overview of how to set up service agreements and sessions to be able to claim the new NDIS group supports.
This functionality requires at least Lumary 16.5.
The NDIA has announced that ratioed line items for group supports will be discontinued as of 30 June 2022. Lumary 16.5 introduced new functionality to support providers to claim under the new NDIS group supports and this included changes to how service agreements and sessions are set up. Before you can claim the new group supports you must make sure that service agreements and sessions have been set up to support this.
How you set up service agreements and sessions to claim under the new group supports will depend on whether you are:
- setting up new service agreements and sessions, or
- changing existing service agreements and sessions.
Set up new service agreements and sessions
Set up a new service agreement
To set up a new service agreement, follow the usual process to create a new service agreement and include the new group support line items and delivery ratios.
To set up a service agreement to claim the new group supports, you'll need to:
- add service line items for the new group supports that you want to claim to the client's service agreement, if the service agreement has restricted categories
- define the Delivery Ratio for the listed services, and
- consider adding multiple instances of the same service line item, with each individual line item having a different delivery ratio specified. This will allow flexibility when you add the service to a session.
Set up a new session
To set up a new session to claim the new group supports, you'll follow the usual process to create a new appointment for a group of clients through the Sessions Calendar.
To set up a session to claim the new group supports, you'll need to:
- make sure the clients you're adding to the session have the new group supports in their service agreements
- select one of the new group supports when adding services to the session, and
- define the Scheduled Delivery Ratio for the service as explained in the article.
Change existing service agreements and/or sessions
Change an existing service agreement
If you make changes to service agreement line items, you must also change any corresponding scheduled sessions or Skedulo jobs. When services are delivered, they must match the service line items in the service agreement that is current at that time to generate service delivered (SD) records.
You will only need to change an existing service agreement if it has restricted categories. To change an existing service agreement to claim the new group supports, follow these steps to change a service agreement.
Change an existing scheduled service by editing a session record
Before you can change a scheduled service to the new group supports, you must first have made the required changes to the service agreements for all clients who have been added to the session.
Once you've made changes to service agreements and want to set up scheduled services to claim the new group supports through sessions, you can:
- change an existing scheduled service by editing a session record, or
- create a new appointment for a group of clients through the Sessions Calendar. If you choose to create a new appointment, you'll just need to make sure you select one of the new group supports.
Dealing with a series of recurrent sessions
If you have a series of recurrent sessions, you can choose to change the existing scheduled services, but you'll need to do this for each client who has been added to the session. Alternatively, you can choose to end the recurrent sessions and set up a new series of recurrences when you'll select one of the new group supports.