This article explains how to add services when creating an appointment for a group of clients in the Sessions Calendar.
Once you've created a new session and set up the session details and added the client and worker attendees, the next step allows you to add services to be delivered during the session. When the session is completed, the system will generate service delivered (SD) records for any services delivered in the session.
You'll have different options to add services, depending on which version of Lumary you're using.
You can add:
- planned services, which are services linked to a service agreement, and/or
- ad hoc services, which are services not linked to a service agreement.
You can add one or more services to a session, including a combination of planned and ad hoc services.
Add a planned service
To add a planned service to a session:
- Click on the blue + button next to Add Planned Service.
- This will launch the Add Planned Service panel. As you make selections, fields may activate and additional fields may appear based on what you've chosen. Fields will either auto-fill or display a drop-down list with options to select from, depending on the services agreements for the clients you've added to the session. The fields displayed in your environment may differ depending on how it has been set up and the types of funding you typically claim.
The options that appear will be based on the support categories in the clients' service agreements. The option you select will determine which services will appear in the drop-down list for the field below.
The options that appear will be based on the services in the clients' service agreements and the support category selected in the field above.
|Scheduled Delivery Ratio||
The option you choose for this field will determine how the cost of the service is apportioned between clients when the session is completed. For example, if the Scheduled Delivery Ratio is 1:4, the service will be apportioned at 25% to each client.
If you don't see this field, but want to apportion the service, check the settings that impact apportionment.
|Site||The site associated with the service being delivered.|
|Rate||The applicable rate to be charged for the service.|
|Funding Management||This field will be based on the funding management type in the clients' service agreements.|
This field will default to Face-to-Face. Possible alternative options include:
Non Face-to-Face, Telehealth, Report Writing and Irregular SIL are all claim types allowed under the NDIS. Face-to-Face is the default option and should be used for any service not being claimed against one of those specific claim types. When services with the Face-to-Face claim type are included in an extract, the claim type will display as blank.
The claim type options available to choose from will depend on the service you have selected and the claim types allowed for that service under the NDIS.
This field determines how the system should calculate the session fee. Possible options include:
- In the Select Clients section, you must select which clients will receive the service. To do this, click on a client's name in the Available list, then click on the right arrow to move them to the Selected list.
To appear in the Available list, all clients must have in their service agreements the same:
- support category
- scheduled delivery ratio
- program (if your organisation uses this), and
- funding management type.
Clients with unrestricted categories will also appear in the Available list.
- If the worker can claim for travel, put a tick in the Travel Chargeable checkbox.
- Clicking on Travel Chargeable will reveal the mandatory Travel Area field. Use the drop-down list to select the travel area.
- Once you've completed all of the mandatory fields marked with a red asterisk and added all of the clients who will receive this service, click on the Save Service button.
- This will show a summary of the service you've added.
- Once you've saved the service, use the blue + button next to Add Planned Service to add any other services that will be delivered in the session.
- You also have the option to add an ad hoc service by clicking on the blue + button next to Add Ad Hoc Service. Check out this section to learn more about how to add an ad hoc service.
You may need to add more services to the session if any of the selections are going to be different. An example of this would be if you have clients with different support categories or funding management types. For this situation, you would add as many services as needed to cater to all differences between clients and their service agreements.
You may also need to add more than one service for each client if you need to use different claim types, such as Non face-to face or report writing.
- Once you've finished adding services to the session, click on the Next button.
- You'll now progress to the next screen where you can add a few final settings before saving the session. Check out this article to learn about the settings on the final screen, which include adding service types, setting up recurrences and saving the session.
Add an ad hoc service
Check out this article to learn how to add an ad hoc service when creating a group appointment in the Sessions Calendar.