This article explains how to capture the details of a purchase order on a home care package (HCP) client's record.
The functionality described in this article requires the activation of home care package (HCP) features in your production environment.
HCP providers can now capture purchase order details on a client's record. The purchase order form can be used to capture a range of details, including:
- the item(s) purchased
- order date
- status, and
This article explains how to:
Create a purchase order
To create a new purchase order:
- In the client record, click on the Associations tab.
- Scroll down to the Purchase Orders section and click on New.
- The client's name will be automatically added to the Requested for field. Click on the calendar icon in the Order Date field to select a date.
- Click in the Ordered by field to search and select a name from the drop-down list.
- Add a description and select an appropriate status.
- The rest of the fields in this form can be filled later, so for now click Save.
- If you scroll down to the bottom of the Associations page you will see that the new purchase order has been added.
Note: as you work through the process of creating, approving, ordering and invoicing for your purchase order you can return to the form to add more details and update the Status field.
Add an item to a purchase order
To add an item to a purchase order:
- Click on the purchase order text link.
- Click on the Related tab.
- Next to Purchase Order Items, click on New.
- Add information to the item code and description, as required.
- Add the quantity and click on the dropdown arrow in the Item Unit of Measure field to select a unit of measure.
- Add the item price and GST.
- If required, add a related service delivered.
- Click Save.
- You will see the Purchase Order Item number listed on the Related page.
Update a purchase order
To update a purchase order:
- From the client's record, click on the Associations tab and scroll to the bottom.
- Under Purchase Orders, click on the down arrow at the end of a PO row and select Edit.
- Add approval details if required.
- Add supplier details if required.
- Add delivery details if required.
- When the purchasing process is complete, update the status field to Service Delivered.
- Click Save.
- You'll see the updated status listed under Purchase Orders on the Associations page.