This articles explains how to add information about people in an allied health client's support network who may need to be contacted about their services or care.
Associated contacts are people who may need to be contacted about a client's care. This may include caregivers, family and friends, employers and employees, and anyone else in the client's support network.
Some of the options on the form in this part of the system may be different depending on your business's processes.
To add a client contact:
- Navigate to the client's record.
- Click on the Associations tab.
- Scroll down to the Associated Contacts section.
- Click on the New button.
- This will open the New Client Contact form. By default, the mandatory Status field will be set to Active.
- The following table describes the mandatory fields in the Relationship Information section.
|Related Client||Mandatory. The system will auto-populate this field with the client's name.|
|Related Contact||Mandatory. This field links this record to the associated contact. You can search for an existing contact by typing into the field or select + New Contact to create a new record.|
|Relationship||Mandatory. Use this drop-down list to show how the person is related to your client.|
- The Client Contact Attributes section includes several checkboxes. You can use these to show more about the client's relationship to this contact and when that person should be contacted. Options include showing that the person is a primary contact, emergency contact and/or support decision maker. You can also show whether correspondence to the client should also be sent to this person.
- The Additional Information section includes the Display As Alert checkbox. Putting a tick in this checkbox will show a link to the associated contact (REL) record on the client's record.
- Once you've added as much information as you can, click on the Save button.
- Your new associated contact (REL) record will now be listed under Associated Contacts. To edit this record, click on the drop-down arrow at the end of the row and select Edit.