Lumary AH - This article explains how to add worker availability so the system knows when they can be scheduled for appointments.
To schedule a worker for client appointments and track their billable time KPIs, you'll need to record when they’re available to work. To do this, you create availability records on their worker record. Availability can include recurrence, which means you can create a repeat pattern of days and times that the worker is available.
It is usually a prerequisite to define a worker's availability before you can schedule them for appointments.
The scheduling function is generally configured so that workers can only be scheduled within the times they're defined as available. Any timeslots without an availability record are by default treated as unavailable, and a worker can't be scheduled then.
This article explains how to:
Set an availability period
To set an availability period for a worker:
- Go to their worker record.
- Click on the Availability tab.
- Click on the New button.
- Complete the fields as explained below.
|Client / Employee||The worker's name should be prefilled here. If not, click in the field, then search for and select their name.|
|Dates and Times||
Use the calendar picker to select the Start and End Date, then choose the Start and End Times from the dropdowns.
The times are in 15-minute intervals. If these don't suit, you can type in an exact time, for example, 9:10 AM.
If you're creating a recurring availability, the date and time you enter here should be for the first day only; you'll set the recurrence pattern and frequency later.
|Availability||Defaults to Available.|
|Description||You can type in a brief description of the availability. This is limited to 40 characters. This text is only visible if you open the availability record; it's not shown in the calendar or availability matching tool.|
Defaults to Does Not Repeat, which means the system will create a single availability only. To create a recurring series, use the Repeat drop-down to select how often it recurs, then complete the additional fields that appear.
Recurrence options are explained in the Add recurrence section below.
- If you have multiple availabilities to add, click on the Save and New button to save this record and continue adding more. Or, click on the Save button now to save and close the popup.
This creates an availability record with a system-generated ID number, for example, AV-0002. The system opens the saved record in a new tab so that you can check that the details are correct. If you added a recurring series, you won't see all the days and times here; they'll be listed back on the Availability tab of the worker record.
- To go back to the worker record, click the text link of the worker's name.
- Open the Availability tab again to see the record you just added. You may need to click View All to see the entire list.
If you open the worker's appointment calendar, you'll see that the calendar background is shaded green on the days and times you set them as available.
You can now schedule the worker for sessions within the availability periods you added.
How you set up a recurrence will depend on the worker's availability pattern. You may need to create multiple availability records, each with its own recurrence.
- If they're available to work a consistent pattern of days and hours, for example, every Monday to Friday, 9 am - 5 pm, you can create the recurrence pattern from the one availability record.
- If they're available at different hours on particular days, you can create separate unavailability records, each with its own recurrence. For example, the worker is available 12 pm - 6 pm Monday to Wednesday, and 8 am - 2 pm on Thursday and Friday. In this scenario, you'd create two different availability records each with a recurrence, one for the Monday-Wednesday hours and another for the Thursday-Friday hours.
To add the recurrence:
- In the Repeat drop-down, set the frequency of the availability. The table below explains the options.
|Does not repeat||This is the default value. This creates a single availability only, no recurrence.|
This creates an availability every day, including on weekends.
Use the Custom option if you want to create repeat availabilities on specific days only.
|Weekly on...||This creates a repeating availability each week on the day you've selected, for example, each week on Monday.|
|Monthly on the first/second ...||
This creates a monthly repeating availability on the chosen day and week number of each month.
This option changes based on which day and week of the month your first availability is set on. For example, you could create a repeat availability on the first Monday or third Wednesday of each month.
Choose specific days or frequency patterns not covered by the other options.
For example, by entering 2 in the Repeat every field then choosing the appropriate Frequency, you could create a repeat availability that occurs once every two days, once every two weeks, or once every two months.
When you select the Weeks option under Frequency, you can choose specific days of the week. This is how you create repeat availabilities at the same times on different days, such as 12 pm - 6 pm every Monday - Wednesday.
- From the End On drop-down, choose how to end the availability series.
- If you choose Date, click in the Until field and select the date when the recurrences should finish.
- If you choose Set Number of occurrences, type the number of recurrences into the Number of Occurrences field.