Lumary AH - This article explains how to add client availability so that their appointment time preferences are shown in Lumary calendars.
To help with booking a client's appointments, you can record their appointment time preferences. To do this, you create availability records on their client record. Availability can include recurrence, which means you can create a repeat pattern of days and times the client can attend appointments.
Once you've added their availability, the calendar shows their available timeslots with a shaded green background.
Unlike with workers, it's not a prerequisite to define client availability in order to book their appointments. Adding client availability should be optional, unless your organization has configured your system specifically to require it.
The client's appointment time preferences may have been captured as part of an initial enquiry or referral. If so, you can refer to this to set up their availability.
You can view their enquiry form on their client record. It's located on the Associations tab in the Enquiries section. Click on the enquiry ID to open it and check what's been entered in the Appointment Preferences section.
This article explains how to:
Set an availability period
To set an availability period for a client:
- Open their client record.
- Click on the Preferences tab.
- In the Availabilities section, click on the New button.
- Complete the fields as explained below.
|Client / Worker||The client name should be prefilled here.
If not, click in the field, then search for and select their name.
|Dates and Times||Use the calendar picker to select the Start and End Date, then choose the Start and End Times from the dropdowns.
The times are in 15-minute intervals. If these don't suit, you can type in an exact time, for example, 9:10 AM.
If you're creating a recurring availability, the date and time you enter here should be for the first day only; you'll set the recurrence pattern and frequency later.
|Availability||Defaults to Available.|
|Description||You can type in a brief description of the availability.
This is limited to 40 characters. This text is only visible if you open the availability record; it's not shown in the calendar or availability matching tool.
|Recurrence||Defaults to Does Not Repeat, which means the system will create a single availability only. To create a recurring series, use the Repeat drop-down to select how often it recurs, then complete the additional fields that appear.
Recurrence options are explained in the Add recurrence section below.
- If you have multiple availabilities to add, click on the Save and New button to save this record and continue adding more. Or, click on the Save button now to save and close the popup.
This creates an availability record with a system-generated ID number, for example, AV-0123. The system opens the saved record in a new tab so that you can check that the details are correct. If you added a recurring series, you won't see all the days and times here; they'll be listed under Availabilities on the Preferences tab of the client record.
- To go back to the client record, click the text link of the client's name.
- Open the Preferences tab again and scroll down to Availabilities to see the record you just added. You may need to click View All to see the entire list.
If you open the client's calendar from the Home tab of their record, you'll see that the calendar background is shaded green at the days and times you set them as available.
How to set up the recurrence depends on how consistent the client's availability is. If their available hours change across days or weeks, you may need to create multiple availabilities, each with its own recurrence.
- If they're available to attend appointments during a standard pattern of days and hours, for example, every Monday to Wednesday from 2 pm - 6 pm, you can create the recurrence pattern from the one availability record.
- If they're available at different hours on particular days, for example, 2 pm - 6 pm every Monday and Tuesday and 10 am - 2 pm every Friday, you'd create two different availability records each with a recurrence, one for the Monday-Tuesday hours and another for the Friday hours.
To add the recurrence:
- In the Repeat drop-down, set the frequency of the availability. The table below explains the options.
|Does not repeat||This is the default value. This creates a single availability only, no recurrence.|
|Daily||This creates an availability every day, including on weekends.
Use the Custom option if you want to create repeat availabilities on specific days only.
|Weekly on...||This creates a repeating availability each week on the day you've selected, for example, each week on Monday.|
|Monthly on the first/second ...||
This creates a monthly repeating availability on the chosen day and week number of each month.
This option changes based on which day and week of the month your first availability is set on. For example, you could create a repeat availability on the first Monday or third Wednesday of each month.
Choose specific days or frequency patterns not covered by the other options.
For example, by entering 2 in the Repeat every field then choosing the appropriate Frequency, you could create a repeat availability that occurs once every two days, once every two weeks, or once every two months.
When you select the Weeks option under Frequency, you can choose specific days of the week. This is how you create repeat availabilities at the same times on different days, such as 2 pm - 6 pm every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
- From the End On drop-down, choose how to end the availability series.
- If you choose Date, click in the Until field and select the date when the recurrences should finish.
- If you choose Set number of occurrences, type the number of recurrences into the Number of Occurrences field.