Lumary AH - This article explains how to schedule allied health appointments for worker-only purposes like meetings or training.
You can use Lumary AH calendars to book appointments that only workers will attend. This can be for things like team meetings, professional development and training, or other staff events.
This article explains how to:
- create a new appointment
- set up the basic details
- add workers
- add assets like rooms, vehicles, or equipment, and
- finalise and save the appointment.
Create a new appointment
There are a few ways to create a new worker-only appointment.
If you're a therapist booking your own appointment, you can start from your My Day View. Click on the Calendar button to open your calendar.
If you're someone who books appointments for other staff, you can start from:
- the Appointment Scheduler tab on the navigation bar, or
- the View/Add Appointments button on a worker record.
All of these starting points open a calendar.
- Create a new appointment by clicking on either:
- the calendar, on the block for the date and time you want to book the appointment, or
- the New Session button.
This opens a New Session form, which has several screens you'll move through to set up the appointment.
Set up the appointment details
- Complete the basic appointment details as explained below. Fields with asterisks are mandatory.
|Category*||Select the appointment category from the drop-down, for example, you may see options like Billable or Non-Billable.|
|Session Type*||Select the appointment type from the drop-down, for example, Team Meeting.
The options shown in this list depend on which category you've chosen.
|Start Date and Time*||These fields usually prefill with either the current date and time or the time slot you clicked on the calendar. Adjust them using the date picker and time drop-down menu.|
|End Date and Time*||These fields usually default to one hour after the start time. Adjust them using the date picker and time drop-down menu.|
|Session Subject*||Type in a subject for the appointment, for example, Physio Team Meeting.
This appears on the appointment when you view it in calendars.
Select a location option from the drop-down. Some options reveal additional fields that you'll also need to complete.
The Home option can only be used for client appointments.
|Session Region||Select the applicable region from the drop-down.
This is an optional field. You may only need to enter a value here if your organisation uses regions.
- Click on the Next button.
Add workers to the appointment
- Complete the fields on the Attendees screen as explained below.
|Client||Leave this blank.|
|Required Workers||Defaults to 0. Leave this as-is.|
|Worker||This may be prefilled with a worker's name if you clicked on their row in the calendar.
If not, click in the search field, start typing the worker's name, and select it when it appears. Once added, their name appears under the Worker field.
Repeat this step until you've added all the workers.
|Actual Start Criteria||Select None.|
|Actual End Criteria||Select None.|
- You can also add assets on this screen or click on the Next button to move on to finalising and saving the appointment.
To book an asset, like a room, vehicle, or other equipment for the appointment:
- In the Add Asset section, click on the plus icon.
- Complete the fields as explained below.
|Category||From the drop-down menu, select the kind of asset you'd like to book, for example, a room.|
|Asset||Click in the search field, start typing the asset name, for example, Room A. Select it when it appears.
|Start Date and Time||These fields prefill with the appointment start date and time.
To book the asset earlier, for example, for travel time or room setup, you can adjust these fields.
|End Date and Time||These fields prefill with the appointment end date and time.
To book the asset for extra time after the session, for example, for travel time or room pack up, you can adjust these fields.
- Click on the Save Asset button.
The asset you've booked appears under the Assets section. To book more assets for this appointment, repeat these steps.
- Click on the Next button.
Finalise and save the appointment
On the Finalise screen, you can add some additional details, then save the appointment:
- Complete any applicable fields as explained below. These are all optional.
|Service Types||For worker-only appointments like meetings or training, you'll usually leave this blank.|
|Add Recurrence||You can add a recurrence if the same appointment will be repeated.
Put a tick in the checkbox then set the repeat pattern using the fields that appear below.
|Comments||You can type in any comments related to the appointment.|
|Employee Message||If there is specific information or instructions for the workers about this appointment, you can type them in here.|
- Once you're happy with your settings, you can either click on Save to save a draft version of your appointment or click on the Save and Roster button to schedule the appointment.