Lumary AH - This article explains how to budget for fixed travel amounts on a service agreement.
Providers who estimate or charge for travel based on a fixed amount per session can use the NDIS service agreement to calculate their client's budget. Fixed travel options allow providers to calculate fixed amounts based on either the time or distance of the travel.
Before you begin...
To used fixed travel features, one of the following settings must be enabled in your environment:
- Fixed Travel Budgeting, or
- Fixed Travel Budgeting and Charge.
You'll also need an NDIS service agreement with:
- Status set to Draft
- Travel Labour Cost Claims set to Allow
- Travel Non-Labour Cost Claims set to Allow, and
- Agreed Travel Non-Labour Rate populated with a per km rate.
Once you've set up your NDIS service agreement:
- Add a category.
- Add a service line item.
- While you're in the New Service Agreement Item form, scroll down to the bottom of the Funding Schedule section.
- Put a tick in the Fixed Travel Budget checkbox.
- This will reveal four additional fields. You'll need to populate at least one of these fields -
- KM to Appointment
- KM from Appointment
- Minutes to Appointment, and/or
- Minutes from Appointment.
- Click on the Save button.
The total allocation for the service agreement item will be calculated by adding up the sum of the:
- total sessions x the rate
- total number of sessions x kms to the appointment x km rate on the service agreement
- total number of sessions x kms from the appointment x km rate on the service agreement
- total number of sessions x minutes to the appointment x the rate
- total number of sessions x minutes from the appointment x the rate
The total listed against the service agreement line item represents the funds set aside for the service inclusive of any travel costs.