Lumary AH - This article explains how to generate bulk invoices for allied health clients.
In Lumary AH, you can use a bulk invoice run to generate invoices for billing clients, their nominees or their registered plan manager. Invoices can be generated in bulk for:
- a date range
- an individual client, and/or
- a specific billing account.
Extract the records
The first part of generating bulk invoices is to create an extract of the relevant service delivered (SD) records for the services you're invoicing. To create an extract:
- Click on the Lumary Extracts tab. You may need to click on the App Launcher nine dot icon and search for Lumary Extracts.
- In the Extract Type field, click on the drop-down arrow and select Bulk Invoice Run.
- If required, you can use the Related Client and Billing Account fields to restrict the output to a particular client and/or account.
- Click in the Start Date field and use the calendar to select a date. Do the same for the end date.
- Click the Create Extract button. The process may take a few seconds; an email will be sent to you once the extract is complete.
- If you already have extracts listed, click on the Refresh List button and check for your extract. Otherwise, use your browser's refresh. Make sure the Extract Type is still set to Bulk Invoice Run. You should see the newly-created extract (EXT) record in the Previous Extracts list.
The system will email you a notification when your extract is complete. You’ll need to refresh after you receive this notification for the new extract to appear.
Once you've created the extract, you can use it to generate invoice records. To do this:
- If you're not already there, go to Lumary Extracts, make sure the Extract Type is set to Bulk Invoice Run and the date range includes your extract.
- Click on the Extract ID link for your extract.
- On the Invoice screen, check the information in the Details panel. If you need to change anything, click any of the pencil icons. For example, the Invoice Date will be set to the date you generated the invoice. You may want to set this to a different date. The Status should be Ready to Generate.
- The Items area will list extract items (EXIs) for each of the SD records included in your extract. If you need to exclude any items from your invoicing, click on the drop-down arrow at the end of a row and select Delete.
- Once your invoice details and items are correct, click on the Generate Invoices button. You should see a confirmation message when the process has run successfully.
- Refresh your browser. Your extract items should now be listed on the extract record as invoice records.
Distribute the invoices
Once you generate your invoice records, you can generate invoice PDFs and send them out.
If you need to send a lot of invoices for a run and you're ready to post, find out how to quickly distribute multiple invoices.
To select and send invoices one at a time:
- If you're not already there, go to your extract (EXT) record.
- Click on the drop-down arrow at the end of an invoice row and select Edit.
- In the Edit window, click in the Status field and select Posted.
- Click on the Save button. An email will be generated and sent to the appropriate debtor. A copy of the tax invoice receipt will be attached to the invoice (INV) record under Items, in the Files section.
- Repeat the process for any other invoices that you wish to send.
To find out how to generate an extract for claiming from the NDIA, see the Create an NDIS extract for allied health article.