Lumary AH - This article explains how to add a payment to an invoice record.
Once you've generated an invoice record, you can add full or partial payments.
To add a payment:
- Go to the invoice, either by -
- using the Search... field to search for the invoice number
- going to the appointment and clicking on the Invoicing and Payments tab, or
- going to the client's record, clicking on the Funding tab and scrolling down to the Invoices section.
- Once you find the invoice record, click on the invoice number text link to open it.
- In the Payments panel, click on the Add Payment button.
- This will launch an Add Payment form. The payment date will default to today's date. To change it, click in the Payment Date field and select a date using the calendar tool.
- Click on the Payment Type drop-down list and select an option.
- The Payment Amount field will default to the total amount owing. If you're adding a partial payment, click in the Payment Amount field and type the amount paid.
- Add a reference number and any additional comments as required.
- Click on the Save Payment button.
- The payment details will be recorded in the Payments section of the invoice record. If it was a partial payment, the status will be listed under Payments and Credits as Partially Paid and the Balance section will display the remaining amount due.
- To send a receipt to the client, click on the Generate Invoice PDF button. This will automatically send an updated invoice / receipt to the email address associated with the billing contact, showing the amount paid and the outstanding balance. A copy of this invoice / receipt will appear under Files on the invoice record.