CM Lite - This article explains how to create new client service agreements and add line items against support categories within these agreements. Once a service agreement has been created and approved, services can be delivered against it.
Creating a complete service agreement involves doing the following:
- Creating a service agreement and adding support categories
- Adding service items to a support category, and
- Finalising a service agreement.
Creating a client service agreement
To create a new client service agreement and add support categories:
- Click on the Clients tab.
- Select the text link of the client's name that you want to create the agreement for to open the client's record page.
- Scroll down to the Service Agreements section and click on the plus icon to make a new service agreement.
- Enter the start and end dates of the agreement, as well as the total amount of funding that will be allocated to the agreement.
- Click Next.
- Select the Support Category from the drop-down menu and type the amount of the allocated funds from the service agreement that will be allocated to this particular category in the Category Amount field.
- Select the way that the participant's funds will be managed from the Funding Management drop-down menu.
A note on plan managers
If you select Registered Plan Management Provider or Participant's Nominee under the Funding Management section a new section will appear. In this drop-down field you can add either the registered plan management provider or the participant's nominee, depending on the Funding Management type chosen.
If selecting Registered Plan Management Provider, a plan manager will already need to have been created. For instructions on how to do this, refer to the article Create, edit, delete plan managers.
If Participant's Nominee is selected, a nominee will need to be selected from the client's contacts. For instructions on adding client contacts, refer to the article Add client contacts.
- Tick the Restricted box if you know the services that are going to be provided under this support category. If you are unsure, do not tick this box and this can be determined at service delivery level instead.
- Select Save.
- To add another support category to the service agreement, click on the Add Support Category button on the following screen.
Adding service items to a support category
To add line items to a service agreement:
- Select the service agreement category that you want to add line items to by clicking on it.
- Select the relevant service from the Service drop-down menu. Within this menu you can either scroll through and select a service or type the service name or number to shorten the list to specific options.
- Choose the correct rate for the service from the Rate drop-down menu. Some services will already have the rate pre-selected.
NDIS rates in CM Lite
Lumary will ensure that the standard rates for NDIS services are kept up-to-date in CM Lite for you.
Some services will not have a pre-determined rate and will appear as a rate of 0.00. These rates will need to be manually changed in the Rate Amount field to an amount that has been previously negotiated between the participant and the provider and has been approved by the NDIS when setting up a participant's plan.
Please note: All rates are able to be manually changed by typing a new rate into the Rate Amount field. However, services that have a pre-set rate in Lumary are set at the maximum rates that can be claimed through the NDIA. These rates can be overridden manually by altering the Rate Amount field, but changing this amount to be higher than the pre-set rate will result in rejection of the claim if the funding is managed through the NDIA. If the participant's funding is managed by a registered plan management provider or a nominee these rates can be set higher.
- Choose the funding management type from the Funding Management drop-down. This could be the same option as chosen when setting up the service agreement or different if a participant is managing this part of their funding differently.
- Type the quantity of the service into the Quantity field. Doing this will update the total at the bottom of the page. You can keep adjusting the quantity until you are happy with the total.
- Select Save.
- You can continue to add services that will be provided under this support category by filling in the fields again.
- Once you have added all of the services that the participant requires, click Next to view a summary of the services.
- Select Next to complete the agreement.
Finalising a service agreement
To finalise a service agreement:
- Once you have created a service agreement and added the relevant services, it will appear under the Service Agreements section, with the status of Draft.
- Click on the service agreement number to open it.
- Add or delete any service agreement items or support categories if needed.
- When you are happy with the service agreement, click on the Generate Quote button.
- Click Generate Quote in the summary window that appears. This will generate a version of the service agreement to provide to the participant for approval.
- Scroll down to the Files section, where you will now see the new service agreement. If the service agreement does not appear right away you may need to refresh the page.
- Select Download next to the name of the service agreement to download a copy to provide to the participant to approve.
- Once the participant has approved it, the quote can be signed off and approved in one of two ways:
- If the participant is with you, click on the Sign button and get the client, or the client's representative, to sign the agreement and click the Sign button, or
- If the participant is not with you, you can get the client or the client's representative to sign the hardcopy of the service agreement when you provide it to them. If a hardcopy is signed, then click on the Approve button to approve the service agreement.
A note on signed hardcopy service agreements
It's a good idea to keep a copy of any relevant files in a client's record. If a client has signed a hardcopy of their service agreement quote, we advise that you save a scanned copy in the files section.
- The status of the service agreement will now be Current.