Lumary PM - This article explains how to create, submit and cancel invoices in Lumary PM.
This article contains both written and video instructions on how to create and submit an invoice. To view a video click on one of the links below.
The design of the invoice entry screen means that an invoice can only be submitted for a single participant for a single plan at a time. The invoice feature enables you to add one or many line items to the screen in a very efficient method. You will be able to validate the invoice before submitting the request through to the NDIA for payment, reducing the possibility of a claiming error.
A new invoice can be created from one of the following screens:
- Home Screen - From the Invoice related list on the Home screen record click ‘New Invoice’
- Participant record - From the Invoice tab on the Participant record click ‘New Invoice’
- Invoice Tab:
- Navigate to the Invoice tab
- Click the more arrow next to ‘Invoice’
- Click the ‘+ New Invoice’ option
Once the ‘New Invoice’ button is clicked the New Invoice Entry window will appear.
- To record an invoice complete the following fields:
- Participant. After selecting a participant, the Plan field will default to the Participants active plan
- Invoice Date: the invoice date specified on the service provider invoice
- Invoice Number: the reference number/text of the invoice that you have received from a service provider
- Provider: select the service provider or supplier as specified
- User can also upload Invoices (PDF attachments) to this invoice via the ‘Invoice Upload’ feature
- Users have the ability to enter in an Invoice Number Note using the ‘Invoice Notes’ field
- Once the above fields are completed click on the ‘Add Item’ button to record the invoice line items
If a user attempts to enter in an invoice item without selecting from the initial 5 entry fields, then those fields will highlight red, as per the image below, and will require entry before an invoice line item can be successfully recorded.
Adding an item
- After clicking on the ‘Add Item’ button a line will appear with the following fields to complete entry for. It is recommended that the fields be completed left to right as they appear to ensure that the use of the system is as intended.
- Start Date: this field will default to the Invoice Date, to adjust it simply edit directly into the field or select the date picker icon to bring a date selection modal
- End Date: this field will default to the Invoice Date - note this is only required for services that are provided over many days
- Claim Type: as per the NDIA requirements, you will be able to specify the nature of the claim with either (default is Standard):
- Support Category: a list of eligible options will be displayed as per the selected Plan field
- Service: all NDIS services will be displayed as Filtered based upon the Support Category selected. After selection you will notice that the Rate field will populate if the service selected has an NDIS rate specified.
- Total: specify the total invoice line item amount (including or excluding GST) as it appears on the invoice provided
- Quantity: specify the number of units for the service line item as it appears on the invoice provided. The system will handle any unit of measure e.g. hours
- Rate: the rate field may update based on other selections
- GST inc: select the checkbox, if the Service item contains a GST component. If selected you will notice that a GST total field for the invoice will appear at the bottom of the line items and calculate automatically.
- After entering in an invoice line, click on the ‘Add Item’ button to add in the next invoice line
- To Save the invoice click on the ‘Save’ button at the bottom of the window. You can save the invoice at any time up until the point of it being Submitted.
The ‘Check’ and ‘Submit Invoice’ button will be disabled until an Invoice line Item has been entered
- To Delete an Invoice click on the ‘Delete’ button.
Invoices with a status of Draft, Invalid or Ready for Submission can only be deleted. This button is no longer available once an invoice has been submitted.
- To validate the Invoice prior to Submission, click on the ‘Check’ button. This will review all invoice line items and advise either it will be Approved or Rejected by the NDIA if the invoice were to be submitted.
You are not able to submit an invoice that contains invalid invoice line items.
- After selecting the ‘Check’ button you will notice see an image similar to this below appear, this is the loading screen where the validations are being made.
- If it is eligible for claiming, the invoice line item will have a tick next to it, similar to the screen below:
- If it is NOT eligible for claiming, the invoice line item will have an ‘X’ next to it, similar to the screen below. Hover over the ‘X’ icon to view the error message, as per the screenshot below:
- Resolving an invalid invoice line item:
- If the error message is able to be resolved on invoice entry e.g. because it was a data entry mistake, then update the fields to comply and recheck by clicking the ‘Check’ button.
- If the error message is NOT able to be resolved, then you need to remove the invoice line item to enable the Invoice to be submitted. If you are not able to resolve the issue at that point, then you can leave the invoice in the status of “Invalid” and then resolve it with the service provider in order to finalise the submission.
- Once the invoice has been entered and validated, click on the 'Submit Invoice' button to complete the process for submission to the NDIS.
- Upon clicking 'Submit Invoice' the window will close and the user will be brought to the Invoice List view.
- To view the invoice that you have just submitted and/or add the service provider’s invoice file in pdf format, complete the following steps:
- Locate the invoice record, the quickest way of doing this is to:
- Change the filter status to 'Submitted'
- Sort the Invoice List by the 'Last Modified' column
- Locate the invoice record, the quickest way of doing this is to:
- Click on the Invoice's record ID i.e. CRT-0000046, similar to the screenshot below:
- The Invoice record will be displayed.
- Go to your computer's local Windows Explorer (Microsoft Windows) or Finder (Mac) window and drag the file onto the Files upload section as per the image below or alternatively click on the Upload Files button to select the document from your file manager tool.
Request Cancellation of an Invoice
Once an invoice has been submitted it is locked and can no longer be edited or deleted. If an invoice has been incorrectly submitted a user can request the invoice be cancelled.
To cancel an invoice:
- Open the invoice record for the invoice you wish to cancel
- Click on the ‘Request to Cancel Invoice’ button
- A confirmation window will appear
- Click on ‘Send Request’ to confirm. The status of this invoice will now update to ‘Cancellation Requested’
Invoices with the following statuses can be cancelled:
- Partially Funded
- Partially Paid
- Complete Partially Funded
- Complete Partially Paid
Part Funded / Rejected Items
If an Invoice is partially paid or rejected via the NDIA portal, the invoice and line items will now reflect this information.
These invoices will display on the home page in the Invoice List ‘Invoices - Funded Action Required’.
The Funded/Paid column displays what has been Funded/Paid for this invoice.
Users can then click into the invoice for further information in regards to each line item. Each line item will display if it has been rejected, paid or part paid.
If it has been rejected the line item will display a ‘X’
Hovering over this will display a brief reason as to why it was rejected.
If it has been Paid the line item will display a Tick.
Hovering over this will display a message of ‘Paid’.
If a line item has been Part Funded, the line will be highlighted in Red
When a user hovers over it, the line then turns orange.
The Funded/Paid column will display the amount that has been paid.
If an invoice has been Partially Funded users will then have 2 options:
- Clone Unfunded - this option copies the unfunded line item/s into a new invoice
- Mark as Complete - this option marks the invoice completed and updates the status to ‘Complete Partially Funded’