CM Lite - This article explains how to delete an invoice after payment has been made against it.
If an invoice is found to be incorrect or needs altering it can be deleted and recreated. If an invoice already has a payment recorded against it then the payment will need to be removed before the invoice can be deleted.
To delete a paid/partially paid invoice:
- Click on the Clients tab.
- Navigate to the relevant client and click on the text link of their name to open their record.
- Click on the Invoices button.
- Click on the dollar sign icon next to the invoice that you want to delete.
- Delete any payment amounts from the Pay Invoice form. All amounts will need to be deleted to delete the invoice, but reference numbers can be left.
- Click on the Pay Invoice button.
If all payments on an invoice are removed the invoice will be deleted. The invoice can be created again by following the steps provided in this article.