Lumary PM - This article explains how to link a contact, who already has a general contact record in your system, to a participant as one of their participant contacts.
This article covers how to create a link between a general contact and a participant. Another way of saying this is that you are creating a participant contact from an existing general contact, rather than creating a new participant contact. To create a new contact, see create a participant contact.
An example of when you may do this is when a person needs to be linked to a participant but has already been set up as a participant contact for another participant, such as a parent with two children who are both participants. The parent may already be in your system and linked to the first child and now just needs to be linked to the second child.
Only a General type contact record should be linked to a participant as a participant contact. If a participant contact is also a participant in their own right, two separate records must be created and maintained for that person, one as a participant and the other as a general contact. For example, if a participant is also the parent or spouse of a participant. In this instance, the person should have their own participant record for their NDIS plan and claiming and a separate General type contact record for their role as the contact for another participant.
To link an existing general contact to a participant as a participant contact:
- Navigate to the participant's record.
- Click on the Associations tab.
- Click on the New button on the Participant Contacts list.
- A New Client Contact form will appear. The Participant field will already be populated with the participant record.
- Click into the Related Contact field. A few recent records will appear in a drop-down list and can be selected if appropriate.
- Search for the existing general contact record by starting to type the contact's name and, if the record appears, select it from the drop-down list. This will populate the Related Contact field with the general contact record.
- If the general contact record has not appeared after typing the name, either hit Enter or Return on your keyboard or select Show All Results for... from the drop-down list to see a full list of search results and then select the appropriate record.
- Click on the down arrow in the Type field and select an appropriate option from the drop-down list.
- Put a tick into any of the checkboxes in the Additional Information section that are relevant to this participant contact. The purpose of each checkbox is explained below.
Primary Contact, Emergency Contact, Next of Kin, Billing Contact and Carer
|These checkboxes capture specific types of relationship that may exist between the participant and participant contact. They are for information purposes only and do not have any effect in the system.|
|This checkbox should be ticked if the participant contact is the participant's support coordinator.|
Grant Portal Access
|This checkbox controls the participant contact's access to the participant's information in the Participant Portal.|
|This checkbox controls whether the participant contact will receive monthly emails with links to to access the participant's statements.|
- Click on the Save button.