This article outlines the changes that organisations need to make to group sessions in their environments to prepare for the release of Lumary 16.5.
If your organisation provides services under the discontinued ratio service line items through the Sessions Calendar, you need to:
- replace all impacted service line items in participant service agreements, and
- update the session records for appointments occurring from 1 July 2021 onwards, where discontinued service line items have been used.
If you've already made changes to service agreement line items, you must also change any corresponding scheduled sessions or Skedulo jobs. When services are delivered for sessions or jobs, they must match the service items in the service agreement that is current at that time to generate accurate service delivered (SD) records.
Sessions scheduled to occur on or before 30 June 2021 do not require any changes to be made.
All sessions scheduled to occur from 1 July 2021 onwards will need to have changes made to them to support the introduction of the new service line items. For each instance of a session, you need to amend the planned service to select the new service line item and set the scheduled delivery ratio. These steps will need to be repeated for every client linked to the session.
Currently, the required changes cannot be made to an entire series of recurring sessions at one time. See here for more information on dealing with recurrences.
Before you begin...
Before making changes to a session record, make sure that the required changes have been made to the service agreement of any participant in the session.
There are several changes to be made to each session record:
- amend the planned service to select the new service line item
- set the scheduled delivery ratio for the planned service, and
- repeat the steps for each client in the session.
If the session is a recurring session, you will need to deal with each instance of the session individually or see below for more information on dealing with recurrences.
Amend the planned service
- Navigate to the session record you want to update. You can do this from the Sessions Calendar by clicking on the session.
- Click on the Clients tab.
- Scroll down to the Clients Attending section and click on the line listing the first client. Make sure you do not click on the text link of the client's name.
- Details of the planned service will appear below the Clients Attending section.
- Click on the down arrow next to the text link and select Edit.
- This will open an Edit Service form.
- Click into the Service field and select the appropriate new line item from the drop-down list.
- Make sure that the appropriate options have been selected in the Site and Rate fields.
- If relevant to the session, make sure that the appropriate option has been selected in the Program field.
- Click into the Item/Category field and select the appropriate service agreement line item from the drop-down list.
To identify which line item to select, note the ratio displayed as part of the service agreement line item.
- Click into the Delivery Method field and select an option from the drop-down list.
- Click on the Save button.
- A popup headed Client Appointment Series Change will appear.
- Select This Session Only.
- Click on the Save button.
When updating an individual session, the best option to select is This Session Only. However, if you are dealing with recurrences, then you may select This And All Following Sessions. Doing this will amend the planned service record for all future recurrences. You will then only need to set the scheduled delivery ratio for each planned service in the series of recurrences.
Do not select All Sessions in Series in the Client Appointment Series Change popup as this will cause changes to be made to past sessions.
- Upon saving, you will be returned to the sessions record.
Set the scheduled delivery ratio
To set the scheduled delivery ratio for the planned service:
- On the same planned service you just edited, click on the text link.
- This will open the planned service record. Make sure you are viewing the Details tab.
- Scroll down to the Delivery section.
- Click on the pencil icon next to the Scheduled Delivery Ratio field.
- Select the appropriate scheduled delivery ratio from the drop-down list.
- Click on the Save button.
You must repeat the above steps for every other client in the session.
To quickly return to the session record to make the changes for the next client:
- Click on the text link appearing in the Client Appointment field in the Client Information section.
- This will open the client appointment record.
- Click on the text link appearing in the Session field.
- This will return you to the session record.
- Complete steps 1-22 for every other client in the session.
Dealing with recurrences
There are two ways your organisation may choose to deal with recurring sessions. The best choice for your organisation may depend on how many future-dated sessions you have to amend. The two possible courses of action are:
- make the changes set out above to the planned services for every client in a session and for every instance of that session occurring on or after 1 July 2021, or
- make the changes set out above to the planned services for every client in a session and for every instance of that session occurring within a set period, commencing 1 July 2021 for, say, two weeks. This method would involve making a second round of changes during that two week period. The changes required at that point would be to end all recurring sessions and create new recurring sessions. The benefit of this approach is that the Lumary 16.5 release will introduce new functionality that will enable you to select the new service line items and set the scheduled delivery ratio when creating the entire series of recurring sessions, rather than at an individual planned service level.
Further information on setting up new recurring sessions in Lumary 16.5 will be made available closer to the Lumary 16.5 release. You can subscribe for updates or check back here later.
Click to see how to subscribe to update alerts on this page
If you would like to receive email alerts whenever updates are made to this article:
- Log in to the Lumary Help Centre
- Return to the Prepare for a CM release section of the Lumary Help Centre.
- Click on the Follow button.
- Select New articles from the drop-down list.
- A message will appear confirming that you are now following this section. You can cancel these notifications at any time by clicking on Unfollow.
Currently, you can only follow entire sections on Lumary's Help Centre, rather than individual articles. This means you'll receive email notifications whenever a new article is published in this section, or an article is republished.