This article explains how to reconcile the differences between category funding on service agreements that have been rolled over. This will be necessary, for example, if you have rolled over service agreements with discontinued line items prior to 1 July 2021 and continued to deliver services against the original service agreements before 1 July 2021. This will create a difference in available funding category funds and, if not reconciled, may result in participants overclaiming on their plans.
These instructions must only be done on or after 1 July 2021, and before any services are charged to the new service agreement. If category funding differences are reconciled before the end date of the original service agreement and more services are delivered, you will need to carry out these steps again. If services are delivered to the new service agreement before these steps are done, extra steps will need to be taken to reconcile the differences in funding.
To manually reconcile category funding balances on new service agreements:
- Click on the Service Agreements tab and identify the service agreement pair that needs to be reconciled.
Service agreement rollover
Service agreements that have been rolled over will have the same service agreement name/number as the new service agreements that were created from the rollover. If you rolled over the original service prior to 1 July, it will have the status of Expired, and the new service agreement will have the status of Current.
For service agreements that have been rolled over to remove discontinued line items, the service agreement with the status of Expired should have an End Date of 30/6/2021, and the service agreement with the status of Current should have a Start Date of 1/7/2021.
In this case, any services delivered up to and including 30 June 2021 will only deduct funds from the Expired service agreement. This service agreement would have had the status of Rollover prior to expiring.
- Click on the text link of the service agreement with the Expired status.
- Click on the Line Items tab.
- Take note of the Remaining Balance amount in the Allocation section of the service agreement and the amount in the Remaining section of each support category.
- In a new browser tab, click on the text link of the service agreement with the Current status.
- Check if the Remaining Balance value is different to the original service agreement. If there is no difference, then no changes need to be made to this service agreement.
- If these numbers are different, click on the Amend button.
- Scroll down to the Amendment Information section.
- Click on the Amendment Reason Type drop-down list and select Funding Changes.
- Click on the Save button.
- Click on the Line Items tab and check the value shown in the Remaining field of each support category.
- For each category where you have to adjust the balance, edit the category in the new service agreement by clicking on the down arrow next to that category and selecting Edit.
- Change the value in the Support Category Amount field to match the remaining balance for that category in the original service agreement.
- Click on the Save button.
- The remaining balance for the category should now match the original service agreement.
- Continue to change all support category amounts until they match the original service agreement.
- Repeat these steps for each service agreement that has been rolled over.