This article explains how to reconcile differences between remaining support category balances on service agreements that have been rolled over. This may be necessary if you've rolled over a service agreement and continued to deliver services against the original agreement before the start date of the new agreement.
When you roll over a service agreement, you may need to continue to generate service delivered (SD) records against the original agreement before the new agreement begins. If you do this, the remaining balance for support categories on the new agreement will not be reduced. You may need to adjust the support category amount on your new agreement to prevent your client from overclaiming their funds.
To reconcile support category balances on a rolled over service agreement:
- Click on the Service Agreements tab and identify the service agreement pair that needs to be reconciled.
Rolled over service agreements
Service agreements that have been rolled over will have the same service agreement name/number as the new service agreements that were created from the rollover. The original service agreement should have the status of Expired, and the new service agreement will have the status of Current.
Any SD records generated with dates up to and including the end date of the original service agreement (in this case 30 June 2023) will only deduct funds from the now Expired service agreement. This service agreement would have had the status of Rollover prior to expiring.
- Click on the text link of the service agreement with the Expired status.
- Scroll down to the Service Agreement Items section.
- Take note of the Remaining Balance amount in the summary at the top of the service agreement and the amount under Remaining in each support category.
- Open your list of service agreements in a new browser tab.
- Click on the text link of the service agreement with the Current status.
- Check if the Remaining Balance value is different to the original service agreement. If there is no difference, then no changes need to be made to this service agreement.
- If the balance is different, click on the Amend button.
- Scroll down to the Amendment Information section.
- Click on the Amendment Reason drop-down list and select Funding Changes.
- Click on the Save button.
- Scroll down to the Service Agreement Items section and check the value shown in the Remaining field of each support category.
- To adjust the balance of a category, click on the down arrow at the end of the category summary and select Edit.
- Change the value in the Support Category Amount field to match the remaining balance for that category in the original service agreement.
- Click on the Save button.
- The remaining balance for the category should now match the original service agreement.
- Change all of the support category amounts to match the original service agreement.
- Once the agreement's balances match the rolled over agreement, finalise your new service agreement in the usual way.