This article explains how to use the cart to generate invoices for services delivered and track payments. It replaces the previous Managing Invoices ( Cart ) article.
The cart provides a way to keep track of services that a client pays for out of their own pocket, or where payments are managed by a participant's nominee or plan manager. It can be used to generate invoices and record payments without integrating with another finance system.
This article describes the steps for how to:
- create a cart from services delivered
- find a client's cart
- generate an invoice
- upload an invoice, and
- record a payment.
The cart is for services that will be invoiced directly to a client. Most services that have been set up for claiming from specific funding sources like the NDIA or DSS will not be able to be added to a cart.
Create a cart from services delivered
A cart can be created for a client from a service delivered (SD) record, either from a manual service delivery entry or from an automated batch process. To create a cart from the Service Delivery Entry screen:
- Click on the Service Delivery Entry tab.
You can also use the Service Delivery Entry panel used to create service delivered records from tasks.
- Click in the Date field and select the date that the service was delivered.
- If there were a lot of services delivered that day, you can refine your search by clicking in the Client field.
- Type your client's name and click on the magnifying glass.
- This will open a Lookup window. Click on the text link of your client's name.
- This will populate the Client field.
- Click on the Search button.
- Scroll down to the Services Delivered section. The list should show the service delivered records for your client on that date. Services that have already been added to a cart will show a cart icon next to the Status column.
- Put a tick in the checkbox at the start of the row for each service you want to add to your cart.
- Once you've made your selections, click on the drop-down arrow next to the Add Adhoc Services button.
- Select Add to Cart.
- If all of the services you selected will be invoiced to a single billing contact (which could be the participant, their nominee or plan manager), this will take you to the billing contact's current cart - it may take a moment. If a billing contact has no carts waiting to be invoiced, a new cart will be created. If a billing contact has an existing cart that hasn't been invoiced, your service delivered (SD) records will be added to the existing cart.
- If you selected services for multiple billing contacts, the system will stay on the Service Delivery Entry screen. You can click on a cart icon at the end of a row to navigate to a cart.
- You can jump to your list of services delivered for this cart by clicking on the Services Delivered text link.
- This will take you to a list of all of the service delivered (SD) records included in this cart.
Find a client's cart
Once service delivered (SD) records are added to a client's cart, the cart will appear on the client's contact record. To find a client's cart:
- Navigate to the client's contact record. If you need a refresher, find out how to find a record.
- Click on the Contracts tab.
- Scroll down to the Cart related list.
- Click on the text link on the relevant cart's ID to open it. If no carts are listed, you'll need to create a new cart from one of the service delivery entry screens.
Generate an invoice
If you have a document engine like Conga or Formstack, you can use a cart to generate an invoice. If not, you can upload invoices created outside of Lumary to the Files list.
Generating an invoice will lock the cart, which means you won't be able to add any additional service delivered (SD) records to this cart.
To generate an invoice pdf:
- Navigate to the relevant cart. The CART Status should be Pending.
- Scroll down to the Services Delivered section to review the records that will be included on your invoice.
- Click on the Invoice button.
- The system will warn you that this will lock the cart. Click on the OK button.
- Check the CART Status. It should now be Waiting Payment.
- Scroll down to the Files section. Your invoice should appear as a PDF link.
Upload an invoice
If you are not using a document engine like Conga or Formstack, you can still store invoices on a client's cart.
To upload an invoice:
- Navigate to the relevant cart.
- Scroll down to the Files section.
- Click on the Upload Files button.
- Locate the invoice you'd like to upload.
- Click on the Open button.
- This will open an Upload dialogue panel. Wait until the upload is complete and then click on the Close button.
- Your selected file should now appear in the Files section. Users can click on the text links to preview, download or delete the file.
- This will not lock or change the status of the cart. If you're ready to lock the cart, click on the Edit button.
- Scroll down to the Payment section.
- Put a tick in the Waiting Payment checkbox. If you can't see this option, you may need to make a request for it to be enabled in your org.
- Click on the Save button.
- The Cart Status will now be Waiting Payment and the cart will be locked. A new cart will be created for any new service delivered (SD) records you select to Add to Cart for this billing account.
Record a payment
Payments can be tracked using an integrated payment service or they can be recorded manually.
If your business is using a payment service, the Pay button will appear when a cart is set to Waiting Payment. To record a payment, click on the Pay button and follow the prompts.
If you don't have an integrated payment service, you can record payments manually. To do this:
- Navigate to the relevant cart.
- Click on the Edit button.
- Scroll down to the Payment Date fields.
- Click in the Date field and use the calendar to select the date that the payment was made.
- Click in the Time field and use the calendar to select the time of the payment.
- Scroll down to the Payment Method section.
- Enter the amount of the payment and reference number in the relevant fields.
- Click on the Save button.
- If the amount of the payment leaves an outstanding balance, the Cart Status will be Part Payment. If the amount of the payment is equal to the outstanding balance, the Cart Status will be Paid and a lock icon will appear at the top of the record. The cart does not allow a payment to exceed the outstanding balance.