Many support issues can be resolved by your organisation's IT support or your system administrator. This article explains why it pays to consider local support before creating a support ticket and how to solve some common issues.
For most issues, the best first step is to raise a query with your internal IT support team or system administrator. Their experience with your specific settings may help you to quickly resolve your issue and get back on track. Keep reading to find out:
- why your local support provider may be the best place to start, and
- how to solve some common issues using help centre articles and/or your system administrator's support.
Why try local first?
Local support options, like your IT department and system administrator, may be able to quickly resolve your issue. This is because:
- the issue may be caused by a problem with your computer, network or some other system Lumary is unable to analyse. Ruling out these types of problems make it quicker and easier for us to provide help when you need it.
- your question may be specific to your organisation's internal processes or data, or the way your system administrator has configured the system. Your local support providers will have a better idea about how to fix these types of issues.
- your local support providers may be able to quickly resolve the issue without the need to wait for a ticket to progress through the Lumary support system.
Issues your local support providers can help you to solve
A lot of issues can be handled by your system administrator or by searching the Lumary Help Centre. The table provides a list of some of these issues and advice on how to solve them. It also includes links to helpful articles.
|I've forgotten my password||Lumary operates on the Salesforce platform. Check out the following Salesforce article to find out how to reset a forgotten password.|
|I don't understand a term used in the software||There are a lot of Luma-words and Salesforce terms you might not have seen before. We've listed some of the key terms in our Glossary of Luma-words. You can find more by searching the Help Centre.|
|I can't remember the steps for a common process||The Help Centre includes a range of user guides that provide step-by-step guidance on how to perform common tasks. The guides are arranged around key processes, like setting up service agreements and claiming funds. You can also use the Search function to look for specific processes.|
|I need to provide access to a new user||Your system administrator can use the steps described in the Help Centre guide to create a new user.|
|I need to change a user's level of access||Your system administrator can use the steps described in the Help Centre guide to assign permission sets.|
|I need to change my dashboard||You or your system administrator can use the advice in the Help Centre to view and build dashboards.|
If your local support providers are unable to help, the next steps are to sign up and log in.