This article describes permission sets and explains how to assign them to a single user.
The profile establishes the base level of accessibility for the user. Each user can only be assigned one profile. We use permission sets to refine the level of access provided to different groups of users. This allows us to make sure that users can use the areas of the system they need without being overwhelmed by functionality that they don't use.
This article explains how to assign multiple permission sets to a single user. Find out how to assign a single permission set to multiple users.
To assign a permission set:
- Click on the setup icon and select Setup.
- Under ADMINISTRATION, click on the Users drop down menu.
- Select Users. This will display a list of all of your users.
- Click on the user's Full Name text link.
- Scroll down to the Permission Set Assignments section.
- Click on the Edit Assignments button.
- To add a permission set, click on the required item under Available Permission Sets and click on the Add arrow.
- To remove a permission set, click on the item that is not required under Enabled Permission Sets and click on the Remove arrow.
To access Lumary permissions, your user will need a Lumary or Enrite Care profile. Learn how to assign a profile to an existing user.
- The permission set you assign will depend on the user's Salesforce licence and profile, as per the table. You can only assign one Salesforce licence and profile, but you will be able to assign multiple permission sets.
|Salesforce Platform||Lumary Basic||Lumary - Basic|
|Salesforce Platform||Lumary Standard||Lumary - Standard|
|Salesforce||Lumary Advanced||Lumary - Advanced|
- Once you are happy with your settings, click on the Save button.
A full list of permission sets available in Lumary can be found here.