This article explains how to meet the NDIA's requirements for claiming supported independent living (SIL) service items using the July 2020-21 pricing.
In the NDIS Price Guide and Support Catalogue 2020-21, the NDIA has adjusted the rules for claiming supported independent living (SIL) service items. Providers are now required to submit a 'roster of care' and provide proof of the services delivered. We're currently in the process of developing a solution that will support these requirements.
In the meantime, for service agreements that commence after 1 July 2020, we recommend that providers:
- set up a service agreement with SIL items that have the Scheduled Service Delivery option ticked so that their service delivered (SD) records are automatically generated
- run a daily report to review which services have had SD records generated, and then
- modify any service delivered (SD) records where no service has been delivered. These records must be modified before running the NDIS extract.
Set up a service agreement for supported independent living (SIL)
To set up SIL services on service agreements that commence after 1 July 2020, we recommend that you tick the Scheduled Service Delivery option so that the SD records are automatically generated. To do this:
- Navigate to the client's contact record.
- Click on the Contracts tab.
- Create an NDIS service agreement.
- In your new service agreement, click on the Line Items tab.
- Click on the New Category button.
- Under Support Category, select Assistance with daily life.
- Add a Support Category Amount and your preferred Support Category Overclaim setting.
- Put a tick in the Restrict delivery to Service Line Item checkbox.
- Make sure Funding Management is set to NDIA.
- Click on the Save button.
- Scroll down to the Assistance with daily life category.
- Click on the drop-down arrow and select New Item.
- This will open a New Service Agreement Item form. Select the Site where the service will be delivered from the drop-down list.
- Click on the Service drop-down list and select a SIL service.
- Click on the Rate drop-down list and select the 2020-21 rate for your area.
- In the Funding Schedule section, the start date and end date will automatically match the dates used for your service agreement. If you want to modify the start and end dates of the automated SD record creation, use the Schedule Start Date and Schedule End Date fields to set your preferred dates.
For a service that will be delivered on a public holiday, you can set the Schedule Start Date and Schedule End Date to the date of the public holiday. This will create a one-off service delivered record for that date.
- Set the frequency at which the service will be delivered. The examples in the table show how different settings affect the number of sessions based on the dates in the Funding Schedule screenshot. The Week option also allows you to indicate on which day the session will occur.
|Frequency||Number of repeats||Total sessions||Screenshot example|
|Every 2nd day||2||184|
In the examples, the system includes the first and last day of the funding schedule. As 2020 is a leap year, this works out to 367 days. It also includes the first and last month, which therefore counts November twice for a total of 13 months.
- Use the Quantity per Session field to set how many units to charge for each session. For example, if the unit of measure for the rate is hour, entering 2 will calculate 2 hours for each session.
- To help calculate the total funding required, you can use the Excluded Quantity field to indicate the number of sessions the client is likely to miss. The system does not automatically accommodate public holidays, so you'll need to indicate any sessions that will be skipped for public holidays, or if the client has a planned hospital stay or holiday. The number of units is based on the unit of measure for the rate.
- Put a tick in the Schedule Service Delivery Items checkbox. The will activate the automatic creation of SD records based on your Funding Schedule settings.
The values you entered in the Funding Schedule section will be automatically calculated in the Quantity and Total fields. Do not change the values in these fields. If you enter values into these fields manually, they will override the Funding Schedule calculations.
- The Funding Management field should be set to NDIA.
- If you want to track the service against an NDIA service booking, you can add the booking number to the Service Booking field.
- Click on the Save button to add the service line item to your service agreement.
- Repeat these steps for all of the SIL items that you'll be delivering to this client. Once you're done, you can generate a quote for client approval. Once the quote is approved, the system will automatically generate SD records for the scheduled services.
Run a daily report
Once you've set up your service agreements to automatically generate SD records, you can review these records using the SIL SDs for review report.
To run the report:
- Click on the Reports tab. You may need to click on the App Launcher and search for Reports or click on the More drop-down list to find this option.
- Click on Public Reports in the navigation panel.
- Click in the Search public reports... field and type SIL.
- Click on the SIL SDs for review text link.
If the SIL report is not listed, your system administrator will need to raise a support request.
- By default, the report will show all SD records that have been automatically generated for the past day. To adjust the range for the report, click on the Edit button.
- Click on the Filters tab.
- Click on the Date filter.
- You can use one of the preset ranges by clicking on the Range drop-down list and making a selection, for example, Yesterday.
- If you'd prefer to set a specific start and end date, click on the Range drop-down list and select Custom or click on the Customize text link at the bottom of the Filter by Date panel.
- Use the calendar fields to set a Start Date and an End Date.
- Click on the Apply button.
- Click on the Run button to generate the report or click on Save & Run if this is your preferred setup for this report.
Modify SD records where no service was delivered
Once you've generated your report, you can use it to review the services delivered for each client. You'll need to look for services that have been included but were not delivered, set the quantity to zero and untick the Client/Rep Accepted field so that they are not claimed in your extract. This will also ensure that the SD records are not automatically regenerated.
When you identify a service that was not delivered:
- Right-click on the Service Delivered ID link and open the link in a new tab or window. This will enable you to easily navigate back to the report.
- Click on the new tab or window.
- Click on the Edit button at the top of the service delivered record.
- Scroll down to the Service Delivered and Travel section.
- Set the Quantity to zero.
- Scroll down to the Total Cost and Payment Details section.
- Remove the tick from the Client/Rep Accepted checkbox.
- Click on the Save button.
- Close the tab or window and navigate back to your report. The Quantity and Total Inc GST should now be zero, and the Client/Rep Accepted checkbox should be unticked.
Make sure you apply these two modifications to all undelivered services before you generate an NDIS extract.