This article explains how to edit a session record to update a scheduled service to remove the ratioed rates that will be discontinued under the NDIS in July 2022, and set it up with the new group supports.
This functionality requires at least Lumary 16.5.
The NDIA has announced that ratioed line items for group supports will be discontinued as of 30 June 2022. If you have group sessions with scheduled services based on the impacted line items, you'll need to make changes to the session records to remove the impacted line items and set the services up with the new group supports. To do this, you will need to edit each client's service to replace the impacted line items with the new line items and set an appropriate scheduled delivery ratio. You will need to repeat this process for each client in the session and apply the changes to all future recurrences.
Before you can update a scheduled service to the new group supports, you must first have made the required changes to the service agreements for all clients who have been added to the session.
To update the session record:
- Navigate to the session record you want to update. You can do this from the Sessions Calendar by clicking on the session.
- Click on the Clients tab.
- Scroll down to the Clients Attending section and click on the line listing the first client. Make sure you do not click on the text link of the client's name.
- Details of any planned service will appear below the Clients Attending section.
- Click on the down arrow next to the text link and select Edit.
- This will open an Edit Service form.
- Click in the Service field and select the appropriate new line item from the drop-down list.
- Click in the Scheduled Delivery Ratio field and select the appropriate delivery ratio from the drop-down list. If you don't see this field, it may be because either the service you have selected or your organisation does not allow apportionment.
The option you select for Scheduled Delivery Ratio will determine how the cost of the service is apportioned between the clients who have had that service added. Later, when you complete the session, the system will apportion the cost of the service between the clients based on the Scheduled Delivery Ratio selected when adding the service. For example, if the Scheduled Delivery Ratio is 1:4 and four clients have the service added, the system will apportion the cost of the service at 25% to each client.
Where the desired apportionment has changed between setting up the session and session completion, due to cancellations or other factors, the portion actually charged to each client can be changed when completing the session from the session record, as long as this is allowed by your organisation's Lumary Settings.
- The Site field may have auto-filled based on how the service was set up. If not, select an option from the drop-down list.
- If relevant to the session, make sure that the appropriate option has been selected in the Program field.
- Click in the Rate field and select an option from the drop-down list.
- The Claim Type field will default to Face-to-Face. If you need to change the claim type for the service, click in the Claim Type field and select another option from the drop-down list.
There are several possible options for claim type:
- Non Face-to-Face
- Report Writing, and
- Irregular SIL (supported independent living).
Non Face-to-Face, Telehealth, Report Writing and Irregular SIL are all claim types allowed under the NDIS. Face-to-Face is the default option and represents any service that does not fall under one of the other claim types. When services with the Face-to-Face claim type are displayed in an extract, the claim type will display as blank.
The claim type options available to choose from will depend on the service you have selected and the claim types allowed for that service under the NDIS.
- The Item/Category field may have auto-filled based on your previous selections. Check that the correct service agreement line item has been auto-filled or select the appropriate item from the drop-down list.
To identify which line item to select, note the ratio displayed as part of the service agreement line item.
- Click into the Delivery Method field and select an option from the drop-down list. If you choose the Fixed Quantity option, you will need to enter a quantity in the additional mandatory field that will appear.
- Click on the Save button.
- A popup headed Client Appointment Series Change will appear.
- Select either This Session Only or This And All Following Sessions.
- Click on the Save button.
If you only want to update the client's service for a single session, select This Session Only. If you want to amend the client's service for all future recurrences, select This And All Following Sessions. Doing this will save the changes to all scheduled services for any future recurrences of the session for the client you selected.
Do not select All Sessions in Series in the Client Appointment Series Change popup, as this could cause changes to be made to past sessions.
- Upon saving, you will be returned to the sessions record.
You must repeat the above steps for each client in the session.