This article explains how to create an appointment for a group of clients in the Sessions Calendar.
Using the sessions calendar, you can create an appointment for sessions that multiple clients will attend. To create an appointment for a group of clients:
- Click on the Sessions Calendar tab.
You may need to click on the More drop-down arrow to find the sessions calendar, or you might need to click on the App Launcher, scroll down to All Items and click on the Sessions Calendar text link. Find out how to add tabs to your view by personalising your experience.
- For most users, the Sessions Calendar will launch in the Worker View. This view presents a list of resources and their appointments for the day. You can change your view by clicking on the Day, Week or Month button. You can also use the Filter to add criteria to reduce the number of sessions shown.
- You can use the forward and back arrows to move forward and backward through calendar dates.
- Click on the New Session button or a date or time on the calendar to reveal the New Session panel.
- The New Session panel appears alongside the calendar. This allows you to refer to your calendar as you add the details about your new appointment.
* Fields marked with a red asterisk are mandatory and must be completed.
- You can modify the start time by adjusting the values in the Date and Time fields in the Start Date section or by clicking into your calendar.
- The default session duration is an hour, so you may need to alter the end time. Click in the Time field in the End Date section and scroll to select your session's end time.
- Click in the Session Subject field and add a name for your session. This name will appear as a label on the session on the calendar.
- Select an option from the Session Location drop-down list. Some options will activate an additional mandatory field. For example, if you select Site, you may need to select the specific site for the session. If you select Other, you can add an address.
- If your organisation uses regions, you can use the Session Region field to show the region in which the service will be provided.
- Once you've filled out all of the mandatory fields for Step 1, click on the Next button.
- In the Client field, you can search for and add clients to the session. To add a client, start typing their name and then click on it when it appears.
- Once a client is added, their name will appear below the search field. You can use the search field to add more clients or remove them by clicking on the cross beside their name.
- Required Workers is a mandatory field. This is the number of workers required to run the session and must be at least 1.
- In the Worker field, you can also search for and add workers. If you clicked on a worker's row in your calendar, their name will already be listed below the search field.
- The Actual Start Criteria and Actual End Criteria fields can be used to indicate how the start and end of the shift will be calculated. The table shows how the different settings affect the calculation.
|Criteria||How the date and time are calculated|
|One worker||Starts and ends when the first worker signs on and off.|
|50% of workers||Starts and ends when at least half of the workers have signed on or off.|
|All workers||Starts and ends only when all workers have signed on or off.|
|Average start (or end) time||Calculates the start and end times based on an average of the time that each worker signed on or off.|
- Click on the Next button.
- At Step 3, you can add services to the session if required. To add a service, click on the blue plus icon.
- This will draw support categories and service items from the service agreements of each of the clients that you've selected. Select a category from the Support Category list.
- As you make selections, additional mandatory fields will appear based on what you've chosen. Select the Service, Site, Rate and any other mandatory options that appear.
- Under Delivery Method, select how the system should calculate the session fee.
- If the worker will be able to claim for travel, put a tick in the Travel Chargeable checkbox.
- Clicking on Travel Chargeable will reveal the mandatory Travel Area field. Use the drop-down list to select the travel area.
- If you have more than 1 client attending the session, you'll be prompted to select which clients will receive this service. Click on the relevant client's name under Available.
To appear on the list, clients must have the same support category and service listed on their service agreements.
- Click on the right arrow to move them to the Selected list.
- Once you've added all of the clients who will receive this service, click on the Save Service button.
- This will show a summary of the service you've added. Add any other services that will be delivered in this session and then click on the Next button.
- At Step 4, you can add any relevant Service Types.
- If the same session will be repeated, put a tick in the Add Recurrence checkbox to reveal the repeat options.
- In the Repeat every field, you can set the frequency of your sessions. If you select weekly repeats, you'll also need to indicate on which day or days the session will repeat. The table shows examples of how to use the settings for daily, weekly and fortnightly sessions.
|Frequency||Repeat number||Screenshot example|
|Every 2nd day||2|
- In the Ends fields, you can either select a date on which to end your recurrences, or you can nominate a specific number of repeats using the Occurrences field.
- You can add Comments and/or an Employee Message using the free text fields.
- Once you're happy with your settings, you can either click on Save to save a draft version of your session or click on the Save and Roster button to roster the session. Take care, once you roster the session, you won't be able to delete it.
- Once you save your session, it'll appear on the Sessions Calendar. It'll also appear on the calendars of any clients that you added. You can click on the appointment on the calendar to open the session record.