This article explains how to change the apportionment of a group-based service between clients when completing a session from the session record when one or more clients cancelled.
This functionality requires at least Lumary 16.5.
When completing a session from the session record, you'll be able to apportion a service between all the clients who had the same service. You can also change how a service is apportioned between clients who attended to reflect the impact of any clients who cancelled.
To change the apportionment of a group service between clients who attended a session:
- Click on the Sessions Calendar tab.
- Navigate to the relevant group session and click on it to open the session record.
- Click on the Complete button.
- This will launch the Complete Session form.
- The Apply apportionment to primary service checkbox in the Primary Service Details should already be ticked, which displays the apportionment fields. If this checkbox doesn't appear or is not already ticked, check the environment and record settings that impact apportionment.
- Any clients who had a service added should be listed below the Apportionment heading in one of the subsections.
- Clients who attended the session should be listed under the Active Clients subheading. The Actual Client Portion column will display a percentage for each client, representing the portion of the service that has been allocated to that client by default.
The percentage allocated to each client will be calculated based on the Scheduled Delivery Ratio that was selected for the planned service. For example, if the Scheduled Delivery Ratio is 1:4, the service will be apportioned at 25% to each client.
- Clients who cancelled should be listed under the Cancelled Clients subheading. The Charged column will display whether the cancelled client has already been charged for a portion of the service. If the client has been charged, this column will also display a percentage, representing the portion charged based on the Scheduled Delivery Ratio that was set for the service.
Whether a cancelled client is automatically charged for a portion of the service will depend on the method used to cancel their attendance and whether the system has applied any rules, such as the NDIS Short Notice Cancellation rules.
- After considering whether any cancelled clients were charged for a portion of the service, you can now determine what portion to allocate to each of the clients who attended.
- To change the portion that has been allocated to a client by default, click into the Actual Client Portion field on any client's row, clear the contents and enter a new value.
- You can now follow the steps to claim for costs involved with transporting a client during a session if you need to.
- You can now follow the steps to claim for costs involved with travelling to or from a session if you need to.
- Once all necessary details have been entered correctly, click on the Confirm button to complete the session.
- The status of the session record should update to Complete.
The system should now generate service delivered (SD) records for any of the attending clients who had a portion of the service allocated to them.