This article explains how to use apportionment when completing a session from the session record to reflect the actual time spent by a worker with each client during a group session.
This functionality requires at least Lumary 16.5.
When completing a session from the session record, you'll be able to apportion a service between all the clients who had the same service. You can also change how the service is apportioned to reflect the actual time spent by a worker with each client during the session.
To change the apportionment of a group-based service between clients who had the service added:
- Click on the Sessions Calendar tab.
- Navigate to the relevant group session and click on it to open the session record.
- Click on the Complete button.
- This will launch the Complete Session form.
- The Apply apportionment to primary service checkbox in the Primary Service Details should already be ticked, which displays the apportionment fields. If this checkbox doesn't appear or is not already ticked, check the environment and record settings that impact apportionment.
- Any clients who had the service added should be listed below the Apportionment heading in one of the subsections. Clients who attended the session should be listed under the Active Clients subheading.
- The Actual Client Portion column will display a percentage for each client, representing the portion of the service that has been allocated to that client by default.
The percentage allocated to each client will be based on the Scheduled Delivery Ratio that was selected for the planned service. For example, if the Scheduled Delivery Ratio is 1:4, the service will be apportioned at 25% to each client.
If there are clients listed under the Cancelled Clients subheading, this article explains how to change the apportionment of a group-based service when there is a cancelled client.
- To change the portion that has been allocated to a client by default, click into the Actual Client Portion field on any client's row, clear the contents and enter a new value.
- You can now follow the steps to claim for costs involved with transporting a client during a session if you need to.
- You can now follow the steps to claim for costs involved with travelling to or from a session if you need to.
- Once all necessary details have been entered correctly, click on the Confirm button to complete the session.
- The status of the session record should update to Complete.
The system should now generate service delivered (SD) records for any of the attending clients who had a portion of the service allocated to them.