This article explains how to add an ad hoc service when creating a group appointment in the Sessions Calendar.
When you're creating a group appointment, you can add an ad hoc service. A service delivered (SD) record will be generated for that ad hoc service when the session is completed.
You can add more than one service to a new session, including a combination of ad hoc and planned services.
You can only add ad hoc services to appointments if your system administrator has enabled ad hoc services in sessions in your organisation's environment. Once enabled, the ad hoc services that your organisation has set up will be available to add to appointments.
To add an ad hoc service to a session when creating a group appointment:
- You'll first need to create a new session, set up the session details, and add the client and worker attendees.
- You should now be on the Services screen of the New Session panel.
- Click on the blue + button next to Add Ad Hoc Service.
- This will launch the Add Ad Hoc Service form.
- Click into the Service field and select an option from the drop-down list. The available options will depend on the ad hoc services that your organisation has set up.
- Some fields may auto-fill depending on the service you've selected. Additional fields may also appear as you make selections.
- If the Scheduled Delivery Ratio field has appeared, select a ratio from the drop-down list.
The option you choose for Scheduled Delivery Ratio determines how the system apportions the service between clients when the session is completed. For example:
- If only one client is to receive the ad hoc service, select 1:1 and they will be charged 100%.
- If four clients are to receive the ad hoc service, select 1:4 and they will each be charged 25%.
You'll be able to select the clients who will receive the ad hoc service later in these steps.
If you don't see this field, but want to apportion the service, check the settings that impact apportionment.
You can change the apportionment when completing the session from the session record, as long as this is allowed by your organisation's Lumary Settings.
- Make sure the Site, Rate, Claim Type, Delivery Method and Quantity fields are completed. If you cannot make a selection in a mandatory field, you may need to review how the ad hoc service has been set up.
- In the Select Clients section, you must select which clients will receive the service. To do this, click on a client's name in the Available list, then click on the right arrow to move them to the Selected list.
- Click on the Save Service button.
- A summary of the service you've added will be displayed. Use the blue + buttons to add any other services that will be delivered in this session and then click on the Next button.
- You will progress to the Finalise screen of the New Session panel. Check out this article for detailed instructions on this screen.
If the appointment is a recurring appointment, the ad hoc service will be added to all appointments in the series.
- Once you're happy with the settings, you can either click on the Save button to save a draft version of your session or click on Save and Roster to roster the session.
When the session is completed, the system will generate service delivered (SD) records for any planned or ad hoc services delivered in the session.
As NDIS services cannot be set up as ad hoc, the system won't apply NDIS travel, transport or cancellation rules to SD records created for ad hoc services. These rules will only be applied to planned services with NDIS funding.