This article explains how to set periods of availability or unavailability for workers to help with scheduling appointments using Sessions.
This functionality requires at least Lumary 18.
To set an availability period for a worker:
- Navigate to your worker's contact record.
- Scroll down to the Availabilities section.
- Click on the New button.
- Set the start and end date and time for the availability period.
- Click on the Availability Type drop-down list to select whether the worker will be available or unavailable during this period.
- Click on the Save button to add the availability to the worker record or the Save & New button to add the availability and set another one.
Worker availability vs unavailability
Setting a worker as available or unavailable will result in different behaviours when scheduling future appointments in the Sessions Calendar. Setting a worker as:
- available will simply provide a visual cue on the Sessions Calendar to show that the worker is available during this time, while
- unavailable will either display a warning or prevent sessions that overlap the unavailable period from being scheduled for that worker, depending on how your system has been set up to control attempts to make appointments when a worker is unavailable.
- The availability period will now appear in the Sessions Calendar.