This article explains how to create a new worker record and connect it to a user.
To create a new worker record:
- Click on the drop-down arrow next to the Contacts tab.
- Select New Contact from the list.
- Select the Worker type from the New Contact popup.
- Click on the Next button.
- Fill out the worker's details in the New Contact form. The following mandatory fields are marked with a red asterisk and must be filled out to create a new worker record:
- Last Name - Add the worker's last name.
- Status - Use the drop-down list to set your worker's status to Active. Inactive workers cannot deliver services.
- Start Date - Use the calendar to select the worker's starting date. The worker will not be able to deliver any services until this date.
The Account Name field isn't mandatory, but you'll need to add an account name to a worker record for workers to receive shifts when using the Lumary mobile app.
- Link the worker to their User account by clicking in the User field and searching for them in the drop-down list.
Users and workers
Each worker must be assigned an individual user in order to log in to the Lumary mobile app and deliver services. The worker record is the record of the worker's details and activities within the Lumary system, whereas the user is what the worker uses to log in to their account and deliver services. For help with setting up a user, see our article on creating a new user.
- Fill out any relevant non-mandatory fields. We recommend providing as much information as you can to help rosterers and other users identify the worker. The fields displayed in your environment may differ depending on how it has been set up and the types of funding you typically claim.
|Worker Type||Whether the resource is an employee, contractor or volunteer.|
|End Date||The end date of the worker's contract, if known.|
|Gender||The worker's gender.|
|Average Hourly Rate||The worker's hourly rate. This can be an average if the rate will vary.|
|Birthdate||The worker's date of birth.|
|Migration ID||The worker's Migration ID, if they have one.|
|Rostering ID||The ID assigned to the worker when rostering, if used.|
|Comments||Any further comments or important information worth noting on the worker's record.|
|Worker Role||The type of role performed by the worker, for example, physiotherapist. The available options will depend on what has been set up for your organisation.|
|Primary Site||The primary site that the worker will be based at. This is particularly helpful in identifying services local to the worker for them to deliver.|
|Secondary Site||A site that the worker is associated with that is not their primary site.|
|Address Details||The residential or alternative address of the worker.|
|Contact Details||Phone and email contact details of the worker.|
- Once you've filled out all relevant fields, click on the Save button.