This article explains how to add an AWACCS assessment as part of an aged care client's record.
You can add an assessment to an aged care client's record that identifies and captures changes in their condition according to the domains set out in the AWACCS instrument. These domains are:
- Activities of daily living
- Weight and nutrition
- Cognition, and
The functionality described in this article requires the activation of home care package (HCP) features in your production environment.
This article explains how to:
Add an AWACCS assessment
To add an assessment:
- Navigate to the client contact record and click on the Assessments tab.
- Next to the Home Care Assessment (Client) heading, click the New button.
- On the New Home Care Assessment: AWACCS Instrument screen, put a tick in the checkbox next to the observation that you want to report on.
- Additional fields will appear, depending on which observation type you chose. Complete the additional fields as required.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen. In the Assessment Information area, you should see that the Assessment Date field has been auto-populated with the current date. If you need to change it, click in the field and select a new date using the calendar tool.
- If required, click in the Completed By and Assigned To fields and search to add a contact.
- You can use the Workflow Status field to mark an assessment as complete.
- The Client field should auto-populate with the client's name.
- Click the Save button.
- The assessment will appear in the Home Care Assessments area.
Update an AWACCS assessment
To update an assessment:
- Click on the link under Home Care Assessment Name to open the assessment.
- You will see that there is a process pathway that you can use to mark off steps in the process as you complete them. Mark stages as complete by selecting a stage and clicking the Mark Workflow Status as Complete button.
- On the Details tab, click on any pencil icon to update existing information. Click the Save button to keep any changes.
- If you scroll to the bottom of the page you will see an Action Plan field. Add any details that you want to record and click the Save button.
- Click on the Organisational Process tab. In the Outcome area, click on any pencil icon to add information. Click the Save button to keep any changes.
This screen will appear blank if the assessment is still at the In Progress stage of the workflow process.
- When the assessment is complete, click on the Complete stage in the process pathway and then the Mark Workflow Status as Complete button. The workflow status will be updated to Complete.