This article explains how to provide access to a report.
Reports can be shared with users, roles, subordinates, territories or public groups. You can share access to a report by sharing access to the folder that contains the report.
Required permissions to share access
Permissions: System administrator, users with access to the Manage Reports in Public Folders system permission
To share a report folder:
- Click on the Reports tab. You may need to search for this tab by clicking on the App Launcher nine dot icon.
- Scroll down to the FOLDERS section of the side navigation menu.
- Click on All Folders.
- Find the folder that contains the report or reports you want to share and click on the arrow at the end of that row.
- Select Share from the popup menu.
- This will launch a Share folder dialogue box.
- Use the Share With drop-down list to select how you want to provide access. This could be by selecting Users, Roles, Roles and Subordinates, Territories or Public Groups, depending on how your environment is set up.
- Click in the Names field and add a name from the category you selected under Share With. For example, for users, this would be the name of a particular user. You can add multiple names to this field if you're planning to give them the same level of access.
- In the Access field, use the drop-down list to select whether the level of access is to View, Edit or Manage reports in the folder.
- Click on the Share button.
- Your selections will appear on the list in the Who Can Access section. You can add more by changing your selections and clicking on the Share button again.
- You can remove selections from the Who Can Access section by clicking on the cross at the end of the row and then clicking on the Stop Sharing button in the popup window. You can change the level of access by selecting a new level from the drop-down list on the row.
- Once you're happy with who can access your folder and how, click on the Done button to close the popup.