This article explains how to create a custom template for case notes to use with aged care clients.
Lumary CM enables you to create customised case note templates. These templates can then be used when creating case notes, thus ensuring consistency of information and saving time for staff when creating notes.
The functionality described in this article requires the activation of home care package (HCP) features in your production environment. It also requires that users have the Lumary - Case note permission set enabled.
To add a template:
- Click on the App Launcher.
- Click in the Search apps and items... field.
- Type case.
- Click on the Case Note Templates text link.
- Click on the New button.
- The Active check box should be ticked by default. Type a name in the Template Name field.
- In the Disciplines Note Template Available For section, click on the names of the disciplines that you want to give access to the template. Click on the right arrow to add them to the Chosen field.
- In the Template Settings area, tick the check boxes for any settings that you want to be available on the template.
- In the Case Note Example field, add any example text or guidance for using the template that you want users to see.
This text is only intended as an example. It won't be part of any case notes created from the template.
- Click the Save button.
- You will be taken to the screen for the new template. Click on the Related tab to add customised items to the template.
- To add a new item, click the New button.
- Use the radio buttons to select a record type and then click the Next button.
Both template items will appear in the rich-text field when you create a new case note. The Header Item will add a text header, but the Custom Item also allows you to add explanatory text and items such as tables.
- Type a number into the Sort Order field. The Case Note Template field should be auto-populated.
- In the Custom Details field, type a heading and any explanatory text or formatting options that you want to add.
- Click the Save button, or Save & New if you want to add more custom items.
Once you have created the template, you can use it to add a case note to a client contact record.