This article explains how to review and update an incident for an aged care client.
After you have created a reportable incident for an aged care client, you can return to that incident at a later stage to review it or to add more information as the investigation and resolution processes of the incident progress.
The functionality described in this article requires the activation of home care package (HCP) features in your production environment. It also requires that users have the Lumary - Incident Capture and Management permission set enabled.
To review or update an incident:
- To review an incident from the client's contact record, click on the Assessments tab and scroll down to the Involved in Incidents section.
- Hover your mouse on a Person Involved ID link and you will see the incident number link. Click on that link to see the incident.
You can also access incidents from the Lumary home page by clicking on the App Launcher, searching for 'incident' and selecting the Incidents Management link from the list.
- You will see a process pathway at the top of the page, which you can use as a visual reminder of the progress of an incident. To mark a stage as complete, click on the Mark Status as Complete button.
- If you need to record that an incident was a reportable incident, you can do this from any tab page. In the right-hand panel, scroll down to find the Reportable Incident Status and Details section. In the Is a Reportable Incident? field select Yes or No. If you select Yes, there will be additional fields to complete. Click the Save button when you're finished.
- If you click on the Details tab you'll see the data recorded when the incident was created. If you need to make any changes, click on any of the pencil icons to open the edit screen. Click the Save button when you're finished.
- If you click on the Persons Involved tab you'll see the information that was added when the incident was created. To add a new person, click on the New button. To edit an existing entry, click on the drop-down arrow for the row you wish to edit and select Edit. Click the Save button when you're finished editing.
- Click on the Assessment/Investigation tab and click on any of the pencil icons to open the edit screen. Complete any details as required and then click the Save button.
You can use this screen to capture the details of any risk assessments that have been carried out.
- Click on the Continuous Improvement tab and click on any of the pencil icons to open the edit screen. Complete any details as required and then click the Save button.
- Click on the Corrective Actions tab. To add a new corrective action, click on the New button. Add the details and then click Save.
- Click on the Notes and Attachments tab (if you can't see this tab, you may need to click on More first). Click on the Add Files button and select an already uploaded file from the list or click on Upload Files to add a file from your device.
- To close an incident, on any tab scroll down the page to the Incident Closure Date section. Click in the field and select a date using the calendar tool. Then click the Save button.
- In the process pathway, select Closed and then click on the Mark as Current Status button.