This article explains how to set up a service agreement for claiming NDIS services. Steps for setting up an Individual or Other type of service agreement are provided in a separate Create an individual grant or other type of service agreement article.
NDIS service agreements use the rates set by the NDIA. Changes to NDIS rates are automatically maintained by Lumary.
NDIS service agreements are created from the client's contact record. To create an NDIS service agreement:
- Navigate to the client's contact record.
- To complete the creation of your service agreement, your client's record will need to include their NDIS Number. Check under the Details tab and make sure the NDIS Number field has been completed.
If your client's contact record doesn't include a details panel or NDIS Number field, they may need to be converted from an intake to a client.
- If the NDIS Number field is empty, click on the Edit button at the top of the record.
- Type the client's number into the NDIS Number field and click on the Save button.
- Click on the Contracts tab to see your client's service agreements. You may need to click on the More drop-down list to find it.
- Scroll down to the Individual Service Agreements section.
- Click on the New button.
- Click on the Funding Type drop-down list and select NDIS.
- Set the Start Date and the End Date of the service agreement. These should match the dates on the participant's NDIS plan.
- The Contract Number and Notes fields are optional.
- Fill in the Total Allocation Limit field in the Funding Information section. This is a required field for NDIS service agreements.
- Use the Service Agreement Overclaim field to determine what happens when service deliveries are added that will cause the agreement to exceed the allocation limit. By default, this is set to Warn. Setting this to Prevent is the safest way to prevent overclaims.
|Prevent||The user will receive an error when attempting to add a service delivery that will exceed the total allocation limit of the agreement.|
|Warn||The user will receive a warning when delivering services over the total allocation limit of the agreement.|
|Allow||Services can be delivered over the total allocation limit of the agreement.|
- Use the Funding Management field to set how the client's funding is managed. To generate extracts for submission to the NDIS, this field should be set to NDIA. If the funding will be managed by a participant's nominee or registered plan management provider, an additional field will appear so that you can identify the nominee or funding manager.
An important note on funding information
Once you create service delivered (SD) records for your service agreement, you won't be able to change the Funding Management, Funding Manager or Participant's Nominee settings on your agreement. You'll need to make a new service agreement if this funding information changes.
- Set the travel permissions and rates in the Provider Travel - Consent and Charges section. You can set rates that the participant has agreed to if they're different to the NDIA's usual rates or a System Administrator can set global rates for your entire organisation.
- Set the transport permissions and rates in the Activity Based Transport - Consent and Charges section. You can set rates that the participant has agreed to if they're different to the NDIA's usual rates or a System Administrator can set global rates for your entire organisation.
For more information on travel and transport charges, see our NDIS travel and transport overview here.
- Set the Centre Capital Costs permissions in the Centre Capital Costs - Consent and Charges section.
- In the Booking Details section, you can link the service agreement to an existing or new service booking. Click in the Service Booking field. Recent bookings will be listed. To search for a booking, start typing the booking number then click on the relevant booking. To create a new service booking record, click on + Add New Service Booking.
- You can then populate the Create Service Booking form. The mandatory fields are marked with a * red asterisk and reflect the details of your service booking with the NDIA:
- Service Booking Number
- Booking Created Date
- Service Booking Start Date
- Service Booking End Date
- Click on the Save button to create the service booking in Lumary.
- Then click on the Save button to create the service agreement.