This article explains how to set up a block service agreement for clients with funding from programs reported through the DSS Data Exchange (DEX). This will allow you to add multiple clients to a single service agreement so that their information can be extracted for DEX reporting.
These instructions require the activation of fields for capturing DEX requirements in your production environment.
Block grant service agreements can be set up to capture data for DEX extracts and XML. The service agreement allows users to add or automatically generate DEX information. This article explains how to set up an agreement and highlights parts that can affect DEX reporting.
If you're setting up a service agreement for block funding that's not reported through DEX, check out our article on creating a block service agreement.
This article shows you how to:
Create a block service agreement
To create a block service agreement:
- Click on the Service Agreements tab. If you can't see this tab, you may need to check under the More drop-down list or click on the App Launcher nine ball grid and search for service agreements.
- Click on the New button.
- This will open the New Service Agreement form.
- Select the Rate Type that will be funding your agreement from the drop-down list. To successfully extract information for DEX, this must be a rate type that is set up for DEX reporting.
If you can't find the rate type you need, your system administrator may need to add a new rate type.
- Add the Start Date and End Date for the service agreement.
- If you have an allocation limit for the funding for this agreement, scroll down to the Funding Information section and add the Total Allocation Limit.
A total allocation limit is required if your environment is set to prevent or warn users of service agreement overclaims. If it is set to allow overclaims, the Total Allocation Limit field can be left blank.
- Enter the Outlet Activity ID in the Additional Information section.
The Outlet Activity ID populates the OutletActivityId field in the DEX XML. You'll need to add an Outlet Activity ID to successfully create a DEX extract. If your block grant service agreements were set up for you by Lumary, this field may have been hidden.
- Your business may have other fields to fill out. Once you've filled out all of the fields required by your business, click on the Save button.
Add a category
Claimable services are organised under categories. You can either:
- set up an unrestricted category and select the line item when you create a session or enter a service delivery, or
- limit a category to service items that you specify.
To add a category:
- Click on the Line Items tab.
- Click on the New Category button.
- Click on the Support Category drop-down list and select your support category.
- Click in the Support Category Amount field and type the amount that has been allocated for this category. This field can be left blank if you set the Support Category Overclaim option to Allow.
- Click in the Support Category Overclaim drop-down list and select how the system should handle overclaims.
|Prevent||The user will not be able to create a service delivered (SD) record that will cause the category to exceed its total allocation limit. The system will display an error.|
|Warn||The system will display a warning when a user attempts to create an SD record that will cause the category to exceed its total allocation limit. The user may choose to ignore the warning and create the SD record.|
|Allow||The user will be able to create SD records that cause the category to exceed its total allocation limit.|
- If you're planning to limit the category to specific service line items, make sure there is a tick in the Restrict delivery to Service Line Item checkbox. This will mean that you'll only be able to deliver services against the service line items that you add. If you untick this checkbox, all service line items for this category will be available when creating a SD records from a session or the Service Delivery Entry tab.
- Click on the Save button to add the category to your service agreement.
Add the service item and rate
To add a service line item to the relevant category in your service agreement:
- Click on the drop-down arrow at the end of the category's row and select New Item.
- Depending on how many sites, services and rates your business uses, some of the fields in the New Service Agreement form may auto-populate. If not, select your Site, Service and Rate from the drop-down lists.
- Other fields may appear, depending on settings and the number of services in your environment. Make sure you fill in all mandatory fields, which are marked with a red asterisk.
- If the service will be delivered to a group and the cost of the service is to be divided between the clients, you can set a Delivery Ratio to calculate each client's share. The default setting of 1:1 means each client is charged the full rate. You may need to add the same line item more than once if you're planning to charge different ratios for different group sizes. The delivery ratio can be adjusted manually when setting a session to Complete from the session record.
The Delivery Ratio field won't appear for services that can't be delivered to a group. This includes group support items that already have a delivery ratio included in the service.
- If the service you're adding will be claimed against regular sessions, you can use the fields in the Funding Schedule section to calculate the total cost and/or schedule the automatic creation of SD records. Find out more about how to calculate funding and schedule automatic service delivery.
If your rate type has been set up with a funding limit, you'll also see a Financial section. If you enter values into the Quantity and or Total fields manually, they'll override the Funding Schedule calculations. You'll also be able to use the Item Overclaim drop-down list to control what happens if a user tries to record delivery of a service that will cause the item to exceed its total allocation.
- Click on the Save button to add the service line item to your service agreement, or Save & New if you have more items to add to this category.
- This will create a new service agreement item wth an auto-generated service agreement item (SAI) name. The SAI name is used to populate the CaseId in the DEX XML of most programs. This can be overridden by the rate type or service for reporting group sessions.
Add a funded client
- Click on the Funded Clients tab.
- Click on the New Funded Client button.
- This will open a New Funded Client form.
- Click in the Client field and start typing your client's name. Select your client when their name appears on the list below the Client field.
- Add the Start Date that the client will be accessing these services. If there is an end date for the client's access to this funding, add this in the End Date field. Start and end dates must be within the date range of the service agreement.
- Enter an Allocation Amount if you plan to track the amount of funding allocated to this client. This should be an amount within the remaining available funds of the service agreement.
- Add any other information required by your organisation. There are three DEX reportable fields, which we've highlighted in the table below.
|Lumary Field||DEX XML Field|
|Reason for Assistance||ReasonForAssistanceCode|
- Click on the Save button. If you're adding multiple clients, click on Save & New.
- You may need to refresh your screen to see your new funded client on the service agreement. The system will auto-generate a funded client id (FSCC). The FSCC is used to populate the CaseId of group sessions in the DEX XML of some programs. This can be set up on the rate type or service.
Your service agreement should now be ready for you to deliver services and report to DEX. Find out more about how DEX XML fields are populated from Lumary fields and objects.