This article explains how to add services to a client's appointment for an existing session. Adding services to appointments will automatically create service delivery entries when the session is completed.
If you've created a session for an individual or group client appointment but didn't add any services, you can still add them to the session. If it's a session for a group of clients, you'll need to add the service to each client separately.
Before you begin...
To add a service, your client will need to have a service agreement that includes the relevant service. Find out how to create a service agreement.
To add a service to an appointment, navigate to the session record where you booked the appointment:
- For an individual appointment, go to the Contacts tab and locate the client. Click on their Calendar tab, click on the session and then click on the Clients tab.
- For a group appointment, go to the Sessions Calendar and click on the relevant session. Then click on the Clients tab.
Once you've navigated to the relevant session record:
- Scroll down to the Clients Attending section and click on the line listing the client. Make sure that you do not click on the text link.
- This will make the Add Service button available. Click on the Add Service button.
- This will open the New Service form. Use the drop-down list to select the Support Category.
- The rest of the form will display fields based on the category you've selected. When you select the service, some of these fields may auto-fill, depending on the client's service agreement.
- Fill out the rest of the fields based on your organisation's requirements. Mandatory fields must be completed and are marked with a red asterisk. If you are unable to make a selection in a mandatory field, you may need to review how the service agreement has been set up.
- Under Delivery Method, you'll need to select how the system should calculate the session fee.
|Method||How the fee is calculated|
|Scheduled Time||By multiplying the rate by the scheduled duration of the appointment.|
|Workers Actual Time||By multiplying the rate by the amount of time recorded by the worker.|
|Fixed Quantity||By multiplying the rate by a fixed quantity. This will open a Fixed Quantity field that must be filled in with a numerical quantity.|
- If travel or transport for the service and session are chargeable, put a tick in the Travel Chargeable checkbox. For relevant NDIA-funded services, this will activate the Travel Area drop-down list.
- If you've selected a Travel Area, you'll see a notification about the claiming limit that will be applied to travel claims as per the NDIS.
- Once you've completed all of the mandatory service fields, click on the Save button.
- If you're adding services to a group session, you'll need to repeat this process for each of your clients.