This article explains how to add services to a client's appointment for an existing session. Adding services to appointments will automatically create service delivery entries when the session is completed.
If you've created a session for an individual or group client appointment but didn't add any services, you can still add them to the session. If it's a session for a group of clients, you'll need to add the service to each client separately.
Before you begin...
To add a service, your client will need to have a service agreement that includes the relevant service. Find out how to create a service agreement.
To add a service to an appointment, navigate to the session record where you booked the appointment:
- For an individual appointment, go to the Contacts tab and locate the client. Click on their Calendar tab, click on the session and then click on the Clients tab.
- For a group appointment, go to the Sessions Calendar and click on the relevant session. Then click on the Clients tab.
Once you've navigated to the relevant session record:
- Scroll down to the Clients Attending section and click on the line listing the client. Make sure that you do not click on the text link.
- This will make the Add Service button available. Click on the Add Service button.
- This will open the New Service form.
- Select a category from the Support Category drop-down list.
- The rest of the form will display fields based on the category you've selected. When you select the service, some of these fields may auto-fill, depending on the client's service agreement.
- As you make selections, additional mandatory fields will appear based on what you've chosen. Select the Service, Scheduled Delivery Ratio, Site, Rate and any other mandatory options that appear. If you are unable to make a selection in a mandatory field, you may need to review how the service agreement has been set up.
- Select the appropriate option from the Claim Type drop-down list. The options that are available will depend on the service you have selected and the claim types allowed for that service under the NDIS.
- Under Delivery Method, you'll need to select how the system should calculate the session fee.
|Method||How the fee is calculated|
|Scheduled Time||By multiplying the rate by the scheduled duration of the appointment.|
|Workers Actual Time||By multiplying the rate by the amount of time recorded by the worker.|
|Fixed Quantity||By multiplying the rate by a fixed quantity. This will open a Fixed Quantity field that must be filled in with a numerical quantity.|
- If travel or transport for the service and session are chargeable, put a tick in the Travel Chargeable checkbox. For relevant NDIA-funded services, this will activate the Travel Area drop-down list.
- If you've selected a Travel Area, you'll see a notification about the claiming limit that will be applied to travel claims as per the NDIS.
- Once you've completed all of the mandatory service fields, click on the Save button.
- If you're adding services to a group session, you'll need to repeat this process for each of your clients.