This article explains how to add an ad hoc service to a session when creating an individual client appointment in a client's contact record or the Sessions Calendar.
When you're creating an individual client appointment, you can add an ad hoc service. A service delivered (SD) record will be generated for that ad hoc service when the session is completed.
You can add more than one service to a new session, including a combination of ad hoc and planned services.
This functionality requires at least Lumary 17.
You can only add ad hoc services to appointments if your system administrator has enabled ad hoc services in sessions in your organisation's environment. Once enabled, the ad hoc services that your organisation has set up will be available to add to appointments.
To add an ad hoc service to a session when creating an individual client appointment:
- You'll first need to create a new session, set up the session details and add the client and worker attendees.
- You should now be on the Services screen of the New Session panel.
- Click on the blue + button next to Add Ad Hoc Service.
- This will launch the Add Ad Hoc Service form.
- Click into the Service field and select an option from the drop-down list. The available options will depend on the ad hoc services that your organisation has set up.
- Some fields may auto-fill depending on the service you've selected. Additional fields may also appear as you make selections.
- If the Scheduled Delivery Ratio field has appeared, the 1:1 option should be selected for an appointment with only one client.
- Make sure the Site, Rate, Claim Type, Delivery Method and Quantity fields are completed. If you cannot make a selection in a mandatory field, you may need to review how the ad hoc service has been set up.
- Click on the Save Service button.
- A summary of the service you've added will be displayed. Use the blue + buttons to add any other services that will be delivered in this session and then click on the Next button.
- You will progress to the Finalise screen of the New Session panel. Check out this article for detailed instructions on this screen.
If the appointment is a recurring appointment, the ad hoc service will be added to all appointments in the series.
- Once you're happy with the settings, you can either click on the Save button to save a draft version of your session or click on Save and Roster to roster the session.
When the session is completed, the system will generate service delivered (SD) records for any planned or ad hoc services delivered in the session.
As NDIS services cannot be set up as ad hoc, the system won't apply NDIS travel, transport or cancellation rules to SD records created for ad hoc services. These rules will only be applied to planned services with NDIS funding.