This article explains how to create a new appointment in the calendar on a client's record.
If you're planning an appointment for an individual client, you can create an appointment session in the calendar on the client's record. Using this calendar means that you'll only see appointments for that client.
There are several steps when creating a new session for a client appointment. This article covers the first two, with the other steps covered in separate articles. To begin setting up a new appointment, you can navigate to sections of this article that explain how to:
A link at the end of the article will take you to the next step in the process.
If you've already started setting up your appointment, you can open other articles that explain how to:
Create a new session
- Navigate to the client's contact record.
- Click on the Engagement tab and then click on the Calendar tab. This will open a calendar that only shows appointments for this client.
- You can modify the calendar view by clicking on the Worker View, Day, Week or Month button at the top of the calendar.
- You have a few options to navigate to different dates. You can -
- use the Go to date calendar field to go directly to a specific date
- use the arrows to move forwards and backwards through the calendar, or
- click on the Today button to jump to the current date.
- Create a new session by clicking on the date and time on the calendar closest to your appointment's start time or by clicking on the New Session button.
- This will open the New Session form.
Set up the session details
On the first screen of the New Session form, you'll need to set up some basic details for the appointment.
* Fields marked with a red asterisk are mandatory and must be completed.
- You can set the start time by changing the values in the Date and Time fields in the Start Date section.
- To set an end time, click in the Time field in the End Date section and scroll to select your session's end time.
- Click in the Session Subject field and enter a name for your session. This name will appear on the session label on the calendar.
- Click in the Session Location field and select an option from drop-down list. Some options will activate an additional mandatory field. For example, if you choose Site, you may need to select the specific site for the session. If you choose Other, you can add an address.
- If your organisation uses regions, you can use the Session Region field to show the region in which the service will be provided.
- Click on the Next button.
- You'll now progress to the next screen where you can add attendees.
Check out this article to learn how to add client and worker to a session when creating an appointment from the client's contact record calendar.