This article explains how to set up a recurrence to use the same appointment for multiple sessions.
If you're setting up a regular appointment, you can use the recurrence feature to add the additional sessions.
Before you begin...
If your appointment involves the same worker or workers, make sure you add them before setting the recurrence. If a different worker will be rostered to each session, you should set up the recurrence first.
Navigate to the session record of the appointment:
- For an individual appointment, go to the Contacts tab and locate the client. Click on their Calendar tab then click on the session.
- For a group appointment, go to the Sessions Calendar and click on the relevant session.
To set up a recurring appointment:
- In the Recurrence panel, click on the Inactive slider.
- This will reveal the recurrence options. As the warning indicates, changes will only be applied when you click on the Roster button.
- In the Repeat every fields, you can set the frequency of your sessions. If you select weekly repeats, you'll also need to indicate on which day or days the session will repeat. The table shows examples of how to use the settings for daily, weekly and fortnightly sessions.
|Every 2nd day
Recurring schedule week starts on Sunday
When setting up a recurring schedule, it's important to factor in that each week starts on Sunday and ends on Saturday, as this may impact how your services are scheduled. For example, when scheduling services every 2 weeks, if Saturday and Sunday are selected, then these days will not be consecutive, but will be on opposite weekends, as shown in the example below. If you would like to schedule recurring appointments to occur on a Saturday and Sunday of the same weekend, we recommend setting up two appointments, each with one of the days.
- In the Ends fields, you can either select a date on which to end your recurrences, or you can nominate a specific number of repeats using the Occurrences field.
- Once you're happy with your settings, click on the Roster button to transfer them to the relevant calendars. Take care, once you roster the session, you won't be able to delete it.
- You can review your recurring sessions from the session record by clicking on the Recurrence tab.