This article explains how to add transfer details when a client has an existing home care package (HCP) budget and make the relevant entries in the client's journal.
The functionality described in this article requires the activation of home care package (HCP) features in your production environment.
When a client transfers from another provider, it can take a while to receive the transfer in amounts. If this happens after you've completed the client's onboarding process and activated their service agreement, you'll need to make a manual adjustment to the client's journal.
If you're still onboarding the client, you can add transfer details as part of the onboarding process.
To add transfer details to an existing HCP budget:
- Navigate to the client's contact record.
- Click on the Contracts tab. You may need to click on the More drop-down list to find the Contracts tab.
- Scroll down to the Funding Sources section.
- Look for the funding source that has a record type of Home Care Package and status of Current. You may need to click View All to find it.
- Click on the drop-down arrow at the end of the row and select Edit.
- This will open a form that will allow you to edit the funding source record. Scroll down to the Transfer Details section.
The following table explains the purpose of each of the transfer details fields.
|Home Care Account Transfer In Amount||The Home Care Account portion of the unspent funds from the previous provider.|
|Home Care Account Transfer In Date||The date that the Home Care Account transfer in portion was received.|
|Client Transfer In Amount||The client's portion of the unspent funds from the previous provider.|
|Client Transfer In Date||The date that the client's transfer in portion was received.|
- Once you've added your client's transfer details, click on the Save button.
- Now you'll need to add entries to the journal to add in the additional funds. You can quickly navigate back to the client's contact record by clicking on the text link of their name at the top of the funding source record.
- Click on the Contracts tab.
- Scroll down to the Journals section.
- Click on the journal name text link.
- This will open a screen that shows the current balances in the top section and a list view of journal entries below. To make a new entry, click on the New button at the top of the journal list view.
- This will open a new journal entry form. Leave the record type on the default option of Simple and click on the Next button.
- If you're recording both transfer contributions, you'll need to make two separate entries - one for the client's contribution and one for the government contribution. The Journal field will be auto-filled with the number of your client's journal. The Date and Account fields are mandatory and must be completed before you'll be able to save your entry.
- Click in the Date field and select the date that the contribution was received.
- Click on the Account drop-down list.
- Select whether you're recording the client or Home Care Account contribution.
- Add the amount of the entry into the Credit field as these contributions will increase the journal's balance.
- Add a description of the transaction in the Particulars text field. For a Home Care Account portion, we recommend "Home Care Account portion transferred in from previous provider". For a client's portion, we recommend "Client portion transferred in from previous provider".
- Click in the Site field.
- Select a recent site from the drop-down list or begin typing a name to search for a site. You can also click on the + to add a new site.
- Click on the Save button.
- If you're recording both types of contribution, make sure you've recorded both as separate entries. Once you're done, your entries will be added to the journal and the balances adjusted.