This article explains how to schedule automatic service delivery on a planned service for an HCP client.
If a client has recurring charges against their budget for consumables (for example, meal deliveries, continence aids) you can capture these as a planned service and set them up as a recurring charge. This will generate a new Service Agreement Item when the planned service is updated.
In order to use this feature, you need to have set up a service that has the Allow Service Delivery Item Scheduling function enabled. You can find more information on setting up HCP services in the Add a new agency or brokered planned service to an HCP client's goal achievement plan article.
The functionality described in this article requires the activation of home care package (HCP) features in your production environment.
To schedule automatic service delivery on a planned service:
- Navigate to the client's record.
- Click on the Plans tab.
- Your client's care plans will be listed in the Goal Achievement Plans section with a rate type of HCP. If you can't see the plan you're looking for, you may need to click on the View All text link.
- To open a plan, click on the text link of the relevant plan name.
- Scroll down to the goal that has the planned service that you want to automate delivery for.
- Click on the Planned Services heading to reveal the list of services allocated for the goal.
- In the Services section, click on the New button.
- This will open a New Planned Service form. Click on the Category drop-down list and select Home Care Package.
- Click on the Service drop-down list and select the service name. If required, add information to the Rate and Site fields.
- In the Proposed Schedule Calculator, click in the Start Date field and select a date.
- Click in the Repeat field and select an option form the menu.
- In the End On field, you can choose to end on a date or after a certain number of times. If you select date, click in the End Date field and select a date. If you select a number of occurrences, click in the Number of Occurrences field and type a number.
- Tick the checkbox next to Schedule Automatic Service Delivery.
If you can't see the tickbox it's because the option to schedule automatic service delivery hasn't been added to the service you selected.
- Click the Submit button.
- Your new service will now be displayed beneath the corresponding goal.