This article explains how to add an ad hoc service to an existing client appointment by editing a session record.
If you have an existing client appointment in the client's contact record or Sessions Calendar, you can add an ad hoc service by editing the session record. A service delivered (SD) record will be generated for that ad hoc service when the session is completed.
This functionality requires at least Lumary 17.
You can only add ad hoc services to appointments if your system administrator has enabled ad hoc services in sessions in your organisation's environment. Once enabled, the ad hoc services that your organisation has set up will be available to add to appointments.
If you need to add ad hoc services to a series of recurring appointments, you'll have to do this to each appointment in the series individually.
To add an ad hoc service to an appointment by editing a session record:
- Navigate to the appointment by finding it on the Sessions Calendar.
- Click on the appointment to view the details panel.
- Click on the session subject text link at the top of the panel to open the session record for the appointment.
- Click on the Clients tab.
- Click on the Add Ad Hoc Service button.
- This will open the Add Ad Hoc Service to Session form.
- Click into the Service field and select an option from the drop-down list. The available options will depend on the ad hoc services that your organisation has set up.
- Some fields may auto-fill depending on the service you've selected. Additional fields may also appear as you make selections.
- If the Scheduled Delivery Ratio field has appeared, the 1:1 option should be selected for an appointment with only one client.
- Make sure the Site, Rate, Claim Type, Delivery Method and Quantity fields are completed. If you cannot make a selection in a mandatory field, you may need to review how the ad hoc service has been set up.
- Click on the Save button.
- You should now see the service listed under the Ad Hoc Services section of the Clients tab in the session record.
When the session is completed, the system will generate service delivered (SD) records for any planned or ad hoc services delivered in the session. NDIS travel or transport SD records won't be generated for ad hoc services. However, if NDIS services were delivered in the same session, NDIS travel or transport SD records may be generated if appropriate.
If you cancel an ad hoc service, the system won't generate NDIS cancellation SD records.