This article explains how to send an email to a contact via Lumary CM.
If you need to send an email to a contact, you can do it from within Lumary. This saves you having to open an external mail program and also records the details of the email in the contact's Activity feed.
You can also set a custom signature for your emails.
To send an email to a contact:
- Open the record for the contact you wish to email.
- If the contact has an email address listed, you can start an email by clicking on the email address link. Otherwise, click on the Activity tab and then select Email.
If the contact is a client, the Activity tab will be located on the right side of the screen. Otherwise, it will be in the middle.
- Complete the subject line and body of the email and add any other required recipients.
- Add any images, links or attachments as required.
If you’ve created an email signature, this will appear at the bottom of the body field.
- In the Related To field, you can add a related record such as an account or service agreement. The default option is Accounts, so if you need to select another record type click on the down arrow and select a type from the list. Depending on the option chosen, you can then select from a list, search, or use the + to add a new record.
- Click the Send button.
- To view sent emails, scroll down in a client's Activity tab and you'll see it listed under Past Activities. For other contact types you'll also be able to see the call in the contact's Activity feed.
You can also record the details of any phone calls you make to a client.