This article explains how to set up a service agreement using the type of Other to capture non-NDIS services for a client.
When you have a client accessing your non-NDIS funded services, you can set these services up on an Other type of service agreement. This will allow you to indicate funding management sources for these services and generate service delivered (SD) records for extracting and invoicing.
For services to appear on these types of agreements, they must have a rate with a funding type of Other.
To create a service agreement using the type Other:
- Go to your client's record.
- Click on the Contracts tab, you may need to click on the More drop-down list to find it.
- Scroll down to the Individual Service Agreements section.
- Click on the New button.
- Use the Funding Type drop-down list to select Other.
- Select the Rate Type.
The rate types available in your environment may be specific to the types of services you provide. If the rate type you require isn't available, you may need to ask a system administrator to add a new rate type.
- Use the calendars to set the Start Date and the End Date.
- The Contract Number and Notes fields are optional, unless your organisation is configured to require contract numbers for these types of agreements.
- Scroll down to the Funding Information section.
- Fill in the Total Allocation Limit field in the Funding Information section. This is a required field for service agreements where the overclaim is set to Warn or Prevent.
- You can use the Service Agreement Overclaim field to affect what happens when service delivery records are added that will cause the agreement to exceed the allocation limit. Setting this to Prevent is the safest way to prevent overclaims.
|Prevent||The user will receive an error when attempting to add a service delivery that will exceed the total allocation limit of the agreement.|
|Warn||The user will receive a warning when delivering services over the total allocation limit of the agreement.|
|Allow||Services can be delivered over the total allocation limit of the agreement.|
- Click on the Funding Management drop-down list and select who will manage the client's funding for these services. This is a mandatory field and must be completed to create a service agreement. If the invoices will be managed by a participant's nominee or company, an additional field will appear so that you can identify the nominee or funding manager.
- You may need to complete additional sections, depending on how your environment has been set up to support your business processes.
- Once you've added all of the relevant information to the New Service Agreement form, click on the Save button.
Your new service agreement will now be ready for you to add categories.