This article explains how to record an exception or variation to a routine restrictive practice.
This functionality requires at least Lumary 16.
Once a routine restrictive practice has been defined for a client, users can record exceptions and variations to the restrictive practice. This will then be included on the monthly NDIS report.
Before you begin...
To access this functionality, you need the Lumary - Restrictive Practice Usage permission set. You may need to request that a system administrator assign the permission set to your user account.
To record an exception or variation, the client's contact record will need to have a routine restrictive practice record that has been attached to a personal support plan.
To record an exception or variation:
- Navigate to the client's contact record.
- Click on the Health tab.
- Scroll down to the Restrictive Practices section. If you can't see this section, you may need to make sure that you have the required permission set.
- Click on the Restrictive Practice ID text link for the relevant restrictive practice with a record type of Routine.
- This will open the restrictive practice (RP) record showing details of the routine restrictive practice currently in place.
- Click on the Related tab.
- Scroll down to the Restrictive Practice Exceptions section.
- Click on the New button.
- Under Schedule Start Date / Time, use the Date and Time fields to indicate the when the exception or variation to the practice began.
- Under Schedule End Date / Time, use the Date and Time fields to indicate when the exception or variation to the practice ended.
- Click on the Exception Type drop-down list.
- Select whether the exception is due to the restrictive practice not being used or if there was a variation to the defined practice. The system currently only allows for variations to chemical restraints.
- If you selected Variation, you'll also need to click on the Type of Variation drop-down list and select one of the options. All of the available options currently relate to chemical restraints.
- You can also add a further explanation to the Why and how the routine varied text field.
- The Related Restrictive Practice field will be auto-populated with the ID of the client's restrictive practice (RP) record.
- Once you're happy with your selections, click on the Save button.