This article explains how to add information about a pro re nata (PRN) restrictive practice to a client's contact record for NDIS reporting.
This functionality requires at least Lumary 16.
A pro re nata (PRN) restrictive practice is a restrictive practice that is used as needed. To help meet NDIS reporting requirements for restrictive practices, users need to define any PRN restrictive practice that may need to be used for a client.
Before you begin...
To access this functionality, you'll need the Lumary - Restrictive Practice Definition permission set. You may need to request that a system administrator assign the permission set to your user account.
To define a restrictive practice for NDIS reporting, the client must have a Personal Support Plan that uses one of the following record types:
- Positive Behaviour Support Plan, or
- Restrictive Practices.
Find out how to create a personal support plan.
To add PRN restrictive practice information to a client's contact record for NDIS reporting:
- Navigate to the client's contact record.
- Click on the Plans tab.
- Scroll down to the Personal Support Plans section.
- Click on the Personal Support Plan ID for the relevant Positive Behaviour Support Plan or Restrictive Practices plan.
If no plans are listed you'll need to create a personal support plan.
- This will open the personal support plan (PSP) record.
- Click on the Related tab.
- On the Restrictive Practices list, click on the New button.
- Click on the PRN radio button.
- Click on the Next button.
- Click on the Restrictive Practice Type drop-down list and select the type of restrictive practice that will be used. Make sure you select the correct type, as this cannot be changed once the record has been created.
- Click on the Authorisation Status drop-down list to indicate the current status of authorisation.
- Use the Description and Instructions text entry fields to add any additional information.
- Scroll down to the Behaviour of Concern section.
- Click on the Related Behaviour of Concern drop-down list and select a behaviour. If you select Other, click in the Other Behaviour of Concern text field and describe the related behaviour.
- The Personal Support Plan field should be auto-populated with the ID of the client's personal support plan record.
- You can also add a medication using the Medication search field.
- Click on the Save button.
This will create a new routine restrictive practice (RP) record. From that record, users will be able to record PRN usage.